BL3 Vault Hunter leader?

So Roland was leader of the 1st and word of God says Maya was the leader of 2s so who do you think will lead 3s team?

Me.
Fl4k.

Huh? What?
First time hearing of this.

1 Like

dude if anything axton was the leader, i mean he was like a space fricken navy seal military for hire guy like logically he would be the headstrong dude.

1 Like

She is the prettiest.

3 Likes

Nobody led the 1st group and Roland led the second until his death; after which, Lilith took over.

5 Likes

Sounds reasonable to me. There’s a bit of a gap between the end of BL1 (including Knoxx) and the events described within TPS. Not sure where in the time-line the fall of New Haven comes, but from the drawings in the final credits of TPS I’m going with after the events described within TPS.

So after Jack had his revelation from that weird Vault Symbol thing he goes hunting the vault hunters, New Haven falls and Lilith fakes her own death, the Crimson Raiders are formed under Roland’s leadership, Brick and Roland have their falling out, and who knows what Mordecai was doing.

2 Likes

getting drunk on rakk liquor.

2 Likes

Oh yeah, the whole Moxxi underdome/husband number X thing…

2 Likes

Jack sent Wilhelm to destroy New Haven after the resistance against him started I think. Wilhelm had his robot legs then according to TPS’ end-game scene where he’s shown destroying a city.

2 Likes

^ This is the correct answer.

5 Likes

You could sort of say Angel lead the first group in BL1 since she kind of served as your loose guide of sorts.

1 Like

It won’t be anybody. I’m sensing most of the VH’s in 2 were even more nomadic than the OGs. Axton, Gaige, and Salvador likely stayed together but Kreig, Maya and Zer0 forged their own paths. I know Mordy a little too well; he’s basically me. He left too. If he got sober and got a new bird, he probably found it got boring to be around VHs again, his ex wife, and a bunch of people with psychological issues he probably doesn’t have himself or has no interest in acknowledging beyond fixing habits. By the time Athena came around, he probably left again. He’d seen enough crap. Call him when you freaking need his ass. He’ll be ready.

Don’t agree? Look at the trailer. Maya’s the only one from 2 we’ve seen. And we’ve seen Brick and Lillith too. No Mordy at all.
None of the new VH’s scream “leader type”. Gaige and Moze are probably twins in personality. Assassin dude seems to be a snake of sorts. Flak seems nomadic. Siren looks like a “I don’t EVER TAKE ■■■■” type. Buddists also don’t really like that kind of lifestyle. They’ll lead who wants to follow. Not a leader in a predicament type at all.

Really? mordecai is definitely in the trailer. In the scene of brick and tina. honestly how did you miss him?

1 Like

Did you see the Reveal trailer? Not only is Mordekai in it (and the mask of mayhem trailer), but Zer0 is in it too.

1 Like

As a side note, I hope none of the new vault hunters are the leader. I’d like to go back to the mercenary feel from BL1.

1 Like

Zer0 is in the game, probably working for/with Rhys, as you can see him standing next to Rhys in the trailer. Go play or watch Tales from the Borderlands if you haven’t yet, you’ll see that it makes sense. Also, Rhys seems to be commanding Zer0 to attack Maya in the teaser we got before the 1st trailer, which is… Intriguing.

Mordecai is also definitely in the game. You can see him in the trailer, wearing his old mask from BL1. He’s with Brick and Tiny Tina, and the three of them seem to be part of a new squad/group of some sort (they have the same symbol of a winged skull with a “B” on its forehead on their clothes).

1 Like

I’m hoping Amara, but it’s probably either gonna be Amara or Zane.

Who says that the new Vault Hunters even need a leader? Sure, they will probably have some guidance along the way, but I don’t think that they - as a group - have a leader. They all just do their own thing which will lead to/into the story of Borderlands 3. And from that point on, they will just get dragged along if they want it or not (like BL2).

It could also just be that they get hired by someone like Athena and co were in TPS. Who wouldn’t want Lilith to be your boss just for her to (probably) be killed off? I know I would.

3 Likes

Dear god not like TPS. TPS literally had the whole game feeling like you were a Hyperion employee, and then your character as a person didn’t have much independence at all. Pretty much just Handsome Jack’s shadow.