Blind effects in PvE?

This seems like it might be a good forum to pose this question. I’ve started playing as Orendi recently (never realized how much I would absolutely love and adore this character until two days ago. I’ve been missing OUT!) and some of her skills give the ability to blind enemies. I mostly play PvE, so have any of you noticed abilities that blind doing anything to mobs in PvE matches? As in, does it function as a stun, do the mobs just wander aimlessly for a second or two, or is there no effect in PvE, just PvP? I’ve been bypassing those helix choices in PvE, assuming they do nothing, but I thought I would check with other plays who might have more experience with this than I do.

2 Likes

You can tell what blind does when you play Caldarius, since Flashbangs do it by default. On PvE enemies, blind essentially works as a stun, since they just end up cowering in place while shielding their eyes. Sometimes I notice that if you hit them during that pose, they have a chance to snap out of it, but they still have the “glow” effect that says they’re blinded. It may also affect their aim, but it’s hard to tell.

4 Likes

With Caldarius, as @grakor456 mentioned, it works like a temp stun. I really enjoy the option on Advanced for charging in or dropping flashbangs after an ult into a dangerous situation.

Short answer: yeah, works fairly good in PvE.

Yes, Blind ~= Stun in PvE. That said, very few enemies have enough health to survive Orendi’s ult … so basically you’d be using that helix choice purely for bosses or mini bosses.

Thanks so much for all the information, folks! This is all good to know, and I’m glad I asked. Maybe I’ll go home later tonight and play with it a bit to see how it fits into my play style.

Same thing for silence