Bloody Harvest Bypass

Is there any way to disable the Bloody Harvest DLC? I know that I’m probably in a minute minority for wanting this, but I think that this DLC, should have come with the player’s option to turn it on or off. Is there something that I can do so that I don’t have to waste ammo, health, & shields on extra enemies? Please don’t respond with GET GOOD!, cause I’m talking about now, not the future. I’ve tried the repeated pressing of the Jump Button, after the BL 3 Black Screen to bypass the pumpkins from coming on screen, but that is sometimey. Is my only option, to just wait until after December 5th?

boscobuddy
2 Likes

No there is no way to turn it off, and as that would require a patch that could take weeks to approve we aren’t getting one at this time. However they said they are keeping track of our criticisms for future events. So hopefully next event has some sort of mechanic to make it optional.

For what i know you can play the game without BH by playing offline.
but of course…you will play the game without hotfixes and patches…
it may be a deal breaker for you.

this ^

Thanks for the comfirmation.

boscobuddy

I doubt playing offline would negate the effects of installed patches. It only circumvents hotfixes (and, obviously, the BH event, which is activated in the same way as a hotfix). Just a nitpicky correction, sorry for that ;).

I second the OP’s request, though. I don’t terribly mind the event, myself, but given how it affects gameplay globally, players should definitely be given the option to turn it off.

Thanks for the support, and letting me know that I am not alone.

boscobuddy
1 Like

You’re definitely not the only one. I’ve been on this forum countless times & never commented but this Bloody Harvest is annoying as hell. I tried playing offline but I get mini freezes & the game doesn’t run properly. It was fun a time or two but 6 weeks of those stupid skulls & annoying sound effects is way too much. I wanted to play as another class & it’s completely ruining everything. I’m done with this game till this goes away

2 Likes

I’ve heard that if you sign in fast enough, the event won’t trigger. I tried it last night, and I didn’t run into a single ghost for 3 hours, so I think it worked.

1 Like

One of the forum mods linked a post where Gearbox says there is no way to skip the event without offline mode or clicking real fast, which as you mentioned, will also avoid the hotfixes.

Gearbox also said they didn’t anticipate the amount of people not wanting to be involved and said they were looking into a way of letting people skip future events if they want.

1 Like

That makes it quite obvious they didn’t playtest the game with the event going very much, sadly. Like they definitely didn’t try leveling up a new VH, or try out Slaughter Shaft on MH3 with stupid ass cryo spamming ghosts everywhere. Quite obvious.

2 Likes

I’m still not convinced anyone at Gearbox has played BL3 period.

With the game as bad as it is on Xbox (lag/small text/unit shutdowns) it seems painfully obvious they just dumped it onto the consoles for the money and have few plans on actually supporting it. We are hitting 2 months now with zero actual fixes for xbox players and a lot of PS4 players.

No vertical splitscreen that people made obvious they wanted before the game was even released.

Lag is bad, but in couch coop it is horrid and makes the game unplayable in most cases to any real degree.

Bank is still deleting items for some people and is still painfully small.

The text is so small that even on a 60" TV it is unreadable especially in couch coop.

Xbox units randomly shutting down.

And more I am sure I am missing. Outerworlds has been out for less then a month and already released a patch fixing some of the few issues they are having, yet Gearbox has left us dead in the water for 2 months now with the promise “They are looking into these issues”

Seriously, how are people STILL defending them?!?!?!

2 Likes

Yep, this is a penny pinching move. It costs them money to patch on consoles, so they put it off months down the road to do a huge swath of ■■■■ all at once. Greed at it’s finest happening here.

2 Likes

Yeah my point exactly, and what makes this worse is that Obsidian released a patch literally 1-2 weeks after release to fix things they didn’t like and that they knew the player base didn’t like. They could have waited a month to do a bigger patch, but they released a small one so they could fix the small text size and a few lag issues.

And yet people STILL give Gearbox a pass…

1 Like

I’m on the XBOne and haven’t had a problem with lag (aside from loading into menus, which is hilariously bad). It has yet to shut my system down (knock on wood). I can read the text on my merely 40" TV without even putting on my glasses. And I have yet to hit the bank limit though I feel like I’m hanging on to far more loot than is actually useful.

I feel you, man. This “forced Halloween down my throat” event was great for a few days. Now I’m absolutely sick of it and am just not even playing the game now. The fact we have to wait until December to finally be rid of it is just insult to injury. If the next “holiday event” is like this then I’ll just uninstall the game and play literally any other title.

1 Like