Bloody Harvest is fun but not 6 weeks long fun

I just don’t understand why this event is so long for a Halloween event. Why run almost into the December holidays?

I’ve enjoyed the event for this first week but already am starting to find myself getting tired of it and most certainly will be 5 more weeks from now :weary:. I don’t want to stop others from enjoying it, I’d just like some options to enjoy ‘vanilla’ Borderlands 3.

Please give us a way to turn it off other than playing off-line which leaves multiplayer off the table other than split screen or make it more stand alone localized like the Borderlands 2 holiday dlcs. I think those that aren’t enjoying the event or grow tired of it are going to quickly move on to other games due to how long the event lasts.

3 Likes

Finished it and I agree. Event is way too long

2 Likes

I have yet to finish it myself but I have to agree also. It would be just fine if it ran from when it started and ended right before the Maliwan free content update we are going to get mid November but it completely runs through that into December.

I can also see how the ghosts and if you ignore the ghosts then forced Terror mechanic would get annoying when playing the base game content.

2 Likes

I started a new character today and it is indeed very annoying. Ghosts everywhere even though I haven’t even spoken to the dinosaur guy. It’s changing how I play as I can’t simply run in and take on a mob as I know I’ll get bombarded with skulls and see my accuracy and handling go to heck.

I’d argue that being able to hit things you are pointing your gun at is a fairly central mechanic of an FPS.

I enjoyed it the first run through (it’s ridiculously short) but now I’m done with it I’d much prefer it not contaminate the main game. The idea of 5 more weeks of it when I’m already irritated is … unnerving.

4 Likes

It also makes the Circles of Slaughter much harder than they already are on higher mayhem levels because you now have twice as many red dots on your radar, half of which are ghost skulls. It’s already damn near impossible to see what’s going on in there and these ghosts constantly bombarding you and filling up your radar makes it much less fun imo.

1 Like

Thing is, there are more than a few genuinely interesting new loots in this event, but the drop rate remains as random as random gets. If they reduced the event time without changing the drop rate, we’d be asking ‘why bother having an event?’.

1 Like

Not to mention it makes you use more ammo and reload twice as much. I just don’t understand why this is running from Halloween…past Thanksgiving and into December. I think that might have made sense if it was contained to it’s own zone but it’s contaminated the entire game. Just bizarre. They must be really proud of this event for some reason.

1 Like

Just having the option to turn it off is all I’m asking. Don’t want to keep others from enjoying it or late game adopters from being able to jump in later down the road and try it out.

What?! You dare insinuate that having toggle options is a good idea? Why, in my day, we started our new characters with 15% bonus to shields, reload, and damage, but insisted that didn’t take away from the challenge. I swear, you kids and your reasonableness. Makes me sick.

4 Likes