Blue reavers edge penetrated?

(Gtripx) #1

I have been farming reaver for a hybrid reavers edge for awhile and I thought the Fire rate was about 4.6. I was checking out my drops that I picked up and low and behold I saw one with a 3 fire rate. I thought too low to be the hybrid form but equipped it and pulled the trigger and boom auto fire. I did some research because I have a reg. Penetrated and the barrels matched. All the other reaver guns I got had a long thin barrel. My question to you guys is have any of you got one of these in blue rarity and not s 4.6 fire rate. Thanks for the time.

0 Likes

(Just Your Average Dead Guy) #2

I’m pretty sure the fire rate on the Reaver’s Edge maxes out at 3 (only with the penetrator barrel obviously). I have a few of them, and all of them have a 3.0 fire rate.

0 Likes

(band) #3

I haven’t farmed Reaver, but there are a couple parts that could increase(or lacking them, decrease) the rarity and rate of fire.

Just messed around in Gearcalc a bit, body5 and mag5 will get a Penetrator type rifle up to 4.6. If somebody was crazy lucky enough to get those parts AND a brisk accessory, it seems to get up to 5.3[quote=“Kick_Smass, post:2, topic:1558736”]
all of them have a 3.0 fire rate.
[/quote]

Bad luck man, regularly getting parts like that.

0 Likes

(Gtripx) #4

Most of the reavers I get have a 1.5 fire rate to 2.1 this was the highest I got. I have a clip of 10 and with mordicai perks it goes to 20. I just hold the trigger down scoped or not and it empty the clip. It might not be the penetrater But it’s definitely full auto. Pretty fun to melt stuff!

1 Like

(Gtripx) #5

Thanks guys for the replies.

0 Likes

([In Memories Delusional]) #6

If it is full auto, it has the Penetrator barrel (no other sniper rifle can be full auto in BL1 other than those that spawn with said barrel).

0 Likes

(Gtripx) #7

I guess I got one then. I guess my biggest misconception was seeing the YouTube videos and thinking only a purple one with a 4.6 fire rate could be the hybrid. I have done about 100 runs of him so at least I got one! Thanks again!

1 Like

(kills Craw with Knoxx's Gold) #8

The FR around 3 means you got the LB body (rather than PPZ)…sorry man. And even more sorry to @Kick_Smass who apparently has gotten screwed multiple times!

0 Likes

(Just Your Average Dead Guy) #9

I’m not too worried about it. I prefer snipers that can blow the heads off of enemies in one shot rather than ones that I have to hit 3-4 times with before the enemy dies, and farming Reaver isn’t hard anyway. Not worried about that right now though. Too busy looking for a titan COM that boosts both health, and shield capacity.

0 Likes

( The Dogs Bollocks) #10

I could be wrong and I often am these days as the grey cells are diminishing however I seem to remember the Hyperion Invader was an auto.

0 Likes

([In Memories Delusional]) #11

Invader (sniper rifle), fires in 5 round bursts.

0 Likes

( The Dogs Bollocks) #12

Rings a bell but like I said I’m a bit sketchy on it.

0 Likes