Borderland 3 - Weapons with silencer

Hi there,
I just noticed in some of the frames during the trailer, some of the weapons are included with silencer or suppressor. Will it be a factor now? OR like any other borderlands, It’s just for the showcase and does not have any major impact on gameplay and play style?

OR I CAN FINALLY FULL FILL MY DREAM OF SNIPING ANOTHER BANDIT WITH ONE COOL LOOKING GUN WITH SUPPRESSOR LIKE A COOL ASSASSIN:?

2 Likes

I would guess that it’s just part of the gun model. While it may be a piece of a weapon part that defines dome weapon attribute, I don’t have any reason to think they added a stealth mechanic around sight/sound to the game, where a silencer/suppressor would come in handy based on their merits. That said, these three trailers have been exceptionally short on the details of any game mechanics (new or old), so we’ll see.

Borderlands-3-Gun-Manufacturers-Jakobs-924x520
You mean like our sassy Jakobs model here?

I’m in agreement. Enemies have pretty much always (in my experience) aggroed and become hostile basically the second I set foot in their territory even if I’ve crouched up to them seemingly unseen. Honestly, I prefer it that way in these games.

3 Likes

It goes either way for me, really.
Sometimes they sense me in the adjacent areas and get ready at the doors for me, other times I can walk right up to an enemy’s face and give him a couple seconds until he notices I’m standing right in front of him.
Somehow optimizing that for stealth to the degree of functioning suppressors would be a feat of genius.

Zer0 can do this fairly well if one is careful. We’ll see if Zane has some similar stealth mechanic. :crossed_fingers:

I thought it would be great if we can like customize the weapon a bit as it will be more and more in depth. Such as we can use a DAHL with the suppressor and take another part from other gun manufacturers. It will be a double-edge-knife but I think it will be worth trying as increase the possibilities of everything.

THEN the number of guns wont stop at 1Bil, the customizable + Skin = XXXXXXXXXXXXX…L GUNS and we can finally create our own cool guns maybe?

Yeah silencers would be amazing even on snipers to the enemies don’t become hostile.

Gun silencers are so overdone… We need silent but deadly grenades >.>

So then you just cheese everything with a silenced sniper. …nah

tbf you can cheese most enemies with just a regular sniper in 1 and 2

Maybe, but at least they TRY to shoot back.