Borderlands 1 remaster "not impossible"

(Gnashpaul) #21

Fair enough, a re master would be pretty great

Well being able to play the 1st gsme on the ps4 would be fantastic, I did enjoy the first one due to the playable characters

(Berserker) #22

Amen to that.

2 Likes
(Now With Extra Ordinary) #23

I agree with this as well, do you thing a few things like shared ammo and auto pickup of money and ammo would hurt the game and take away from that original feel the game? Or maybe being able to view other players inventory like later BLs… I still believe if it ever happens it will be after BL3 and in some major bundle pack so I have to buy all the games again, which I would just for the original itself. :slight_smile:

(Gnashpaul) #24

Well by remake I actually meant keep everything as it is (story, characters etc) but update the visuals, add more diversity to the enviroments.

I would love more B3 information too, hopefully the characters from the first can be playable as well as some new faces.

Whatever happens it’ll be great but I’d love to play the first on current gen no matter what it is

2 Likes
(Angry Crux Guy) #25

Would fixing the melee for a certain unique that’s supposed to be +300% melee be an acceptable change or should just the +300% text being made more accurate be bettter?[quote=“gnashpaul, post:24, topic:1248454”]
Well by remake I actually meant keep everything as it is (story, characters etc) but update the visuals, add more diversity to the environments.
[/quote]

What do you mean by “more diversity to the environments”? Would it be like new textures, features, terrain and enemies?

So what’s going on with this?
I’m trying to understand this thread, but I’m confused.
Are people currently playing BL1 on Xbox 1?

(Watcher on the wall) #27

They are. But not because it was remastered. It was made backwards compatible.
And because it is backwards compatible now, that kind of squashed my hopes for a remaster. At least any time soon.

Was it this thread or another where I read that Jakob’s Cove doesn’t work?
Is that correct?

(Watcher on the wall) #29

I have no idea…I haven’t heard of any issues with Jakobs Cove…

I’ve been considering getting an Xbox 1, since my 360 has decided to stop cooperating with me.
Ability to play Borderlands is a deciding factor.

Would I have to be online all the time, or could I just go online long enough to install the backward-compatibility patch and download cloud-saved toons?
Can I download cloud-saved toons to my HD?

I don’t know anything about this stuff…
Am I even posting in the right thread?

(Now With Extra Ordinary) #31

My niece downloaded BL1 on her xbox one while she was away from home, and she came back where we have no internet and it works offline. I know @Kurtdawg13 plays on the one and could probably shed a little more light on the ins and outs as he’s a pretty cool guy. Shoutout to Kurt… :blush:

2 Likes
(Berserker) #32

Same. Every time I see this thread bumped up the wound gets torn open again.

6 Likes
(Vault Hunter - Borderlands Addict) #33

I actually jumped on for a quick run to Ajax this morning.

Yes, I play the original Borderlands on my Xbone. If you have the disc, you can just put it in your xb1 and it will do the rest. As far as being able to play offline, I haven’t tried. The Xbone seems to be centered around the cloud. So, my game saves are on the cloud for my account which allows me to load up my 360 and play if I feel like it(there really isn’t a reason anymore). Both, the 360 and the xbone pull from the same cloud save that is linked to your account. So, nothing is ever lost if I change platforms. That being said, I have not seen an ability to pull from an alternative source on my xbone. Only the cloud is used from what I can tell. This is for the original borderlands on my xbone. I tried backing up my saves to my HD on my xbone, I did not see that option, nor could I find one which leads me to believe you can only use the cloud save for playing the original borderlands on your xbone.

From what I can tell. When you load up a backwards compatible game like the original borderlands, it seems to load a 360 simulator. It’s like running the 360 platform on top of your xbone platform. You can access both platforms menu’s by using your xbone controller. For the 360 menu, just press the menu + back buttons simultaneously which brings up your 360 platform menu. So, both platforms seem to be accessible from your xbone. I should give that a try when i get home. I can load up the game and this just unplug my router to see if I can’t play anymore, or it just stops saving?

I know I haven’t really answered the question at hand. But, I hope what insight i did provide helped you a little, hopefully. :innocent:

Edit: I vaguely remember going offline during game play. I was still able to play. I wonder if it caches your save file until it can update the cloud save file? Hmmm?

1 Like
(Jessica Noire) #34

@SamHell @Kurtdawg13

The Xbox One keeps copies of save files locally and on the cloud at the same time which includes emulated Xbox 360 games. So whenever you go offline you will have something to work with, it’s just not synchronized with the cloud version. The cloud save will be synchronized the next time you’re online in the background but your offline save file has priority as it is the most recent version.

You really only need to be only during the download of the digital copy and until the save is synchronized to your console which you can quickly check ingame.

I actually had no access to the internet for a few days and did play a few old games (namely Perfect Dark and Jetpack Refuelled through Rare Replay) and had no noteworthy issues.

I did test it with Borderlands just now and was able to get the save data offline no issues, it did have trouble starting at one point though :confused: . Looks like that was a disc reading or something.
Dark Souls also worked normally and the save data was synchronized with the cloud pretty fast. Like, the moment I got online again.

So basically, you just have to make sure all the saves are downloaded first and then you’ll be able to play offline.

Too many edits!

I am still salty Borderlands is only on Playstation Now…

3 Likes
(Vault Hunter - Borderlands Addict) #35

Nice. thanks @BlackHeartV very well explained. Much appreciated. :+1:

1 Like

Well, I guess that answers my questions.
Thanks BigGuy, Kurtdawg and BlackHeart. :pizza:

3 Likes
( The Dogs Bollocks) #37

Also the good thing about the backwards compatability is you can be on the xbx1 and play with someone else on the 360.

On topic though just a re master to remove bugs is what I’d be looking for rather than a updated version to bl2 standards.

(kills Craw with Knoxx's Gold) #38

More rumors now…

1 Like
Was that just a rumor going around about this game being re-released on new consoles?
(Jan S.) #39

Yeah, I made a thread about this, because I forgot about this one :smiley:

1 Like
(Vault Hunter - Borderlands Addict) #40

I recently read about this. Apparently it was pointed out that the info leak did not mention “Remastered” so it is very likely this will only be a port, and not remastered for 60 fps and Full HD graphics like we all want. :blush:

1 Like