Borderlands 2 - Can weapon bodies of the same weapon have different stats?

Hi everyone,

lately i have been farming some lyuda’s and im trying to learn how weapon parts and their effects work. Now i’ve come across something i don’t understand. I have 2 lvl 49 lyuda’s, skorry lyuda and dobby lyuda. Skorry lyuda is slag elemental, has an hyperion scope, hyperion stock, hyperion grip, vladof barrel and the grip accessory. Dobby lyuda is slag elemental, has a vladof scope, hyperion stock, dahl grip, vladof barrel and the two antennas on top of the scope as accessory.

Following these charts (https://imgur.com/gallery/wkkWi), dobby lyuda should have higher accuracy due to the hyperion grip, and skorry lyuda should do less damage due to dahl grip and antenna accessory. However, the item cards shows that skorry lyuda is more accurate than dobby (95,8 and 95,6 respectively) and both do the exact same damage (14998). The only thing i can think of that can cause this, is that their bodies both have different base stats.
I can find very little information on this. It is very briefly mentioned on the following wiki under “construction”; https://borderlands.fandom.com/wiki/Borderlands_2_Weapons .
My question is simple; Is this correct?
If so, does this mean that each body generates its stats randomly or are there certain fixed versions of each body part?

Hope to hear from you soon,

Thijs

1 Like

The body doesn’t change, and lyuda will always have the same body. Same with the barrel in the case of any red text item.
Prefixes are the one weapon part i struggle with remembering, so someone else will have to pick that up

Skorry
Slag=lower damage
Hyperion grip=lower damage/more accuracy iirc
Hyperion stock, idk if stocks affect any stats on the item card

Dobby(accuracy prefix i think)
Slag=lower damage
Dahl grip=no damage change
Stock, same as above

I probably missed most of the point of this post anyways

4 Likes

This might help.

• EDIT - never mind, it’s already linked in the OP. Missed that a moment ago. It might be worth mentioning that character stats, buffs, etc will affect gun stats, tho.
2 Likes

The Skorry (fire rate) accessory reduces damage but increases fire rate.
Dobby (stability) has no effect on card stats.

Both grips reduce damage, but it’s not known by how much (not without some digging).

Screenshots would be helpful by the way.

5 Likes

A couple of images you may find helpful.
The parts spotter graphic I use for snipers:

And a chart I found for accessory based prefixes:

4 Likes

I always assumed that ‘accessory effect’ meant the effect of the accessories (grip, bipods, scope modifications, melee attachment), but i’ve just realised this might not be true. In which case i misunderstood the role of prefixes.

4 Likes

When I first learned that parts made a difference that was the assumption I had as well. I learned a lot from the folks here, and searched up a bunch of reference pics to help when my memory lapsed. You never know if you don’t ask. Good on you for asking. :+1: if you have any other questions don’t be shy. Someone here likely has the answer you’re looking for.

3 Likes

There’s both parts and accessories. Parts go on the body first, then RNG roles for accessories. All combined go into the final weapon stats. More here:

5 Likes

This doesnt explain my lyuda situation though, right? As skorry adds fire rate and dobby stability…

1 Like

That question you’re asking, the accuracy difference, is explained by the rest of the parts. It would be easier for us to answer if you could upload pictures of the items in question. If you look at the pictures in the infographic you’ll see that each part has pluses and minuses associated with it. The amounts aren’t known, so the effects of the individual parts can’t be calculated exactly, but that’s what’s going on. In a practical sense .2% accuracy is negligible, so I wouldn’t worry about it too much, but that is what’s going on.

2 Likes

Accuracy and stability are different things. Stability increases won’t change the stat cards, but accuracy ones will

2 Likes

The problem here is that in order to get the answer you’re looking for we’d have to engage in activities that we can’t talk about here because they contravene forum rules. I don’t have the answer, or the means to get it. Generally, .2% difference is so negligible that most would stop looking and just use the one that performed/felt better when using it.

3 Likes

That’s a bummer. I dont really care about the 0.2%. If i’d have to go looking for the ‘perfect’ lyuda, it would probably take a few lifetimes to find it. Seen the fact that i only have 1 lifetime and that i dont feel like spending more than a few hours of it on farming, ill take what i can get. I simply wish to understand how it works. It’s a shame that you can’t help me with that right now. Nonetheless, thanks a lot for your time and effort. If you do find the answer or the means to get it, you know where to find me. :wink:

1 Like

They may not have the exact answers you’re after, but it might be worth the time to search YouTube for @Derch’s ‘The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly of Borderlands 2 Red Text Gear’ videos…he goes into some detail of how red text gear works in general and has some commentary on what works best for different characters. I learned a lot from those vids.

1 Like

As far as I’m aware, two weapons with identical parts will have the exact same stats. There shouldn’t be any variation. As for the parts guide you link in the OP, I treat those as visual guides to learn the parts. It and some of the other ones have some errors (no Legendary has a “matching barrel”; instead, they have a unique, one-of-a-kind barrel that happens to look like an existing barrel. The Law, for example, has the Law barrel, which looks like, but is otherwise different from, the Dahl barrel).

The other issue is that those parts guides don’t have any numbers. Two items on there may say they decrease Accuracy, but there’s no way to know how much, or even if the two decrease Accuracy by the same amount. One item could decrease Accuracy slightly, and the other could decrease Accuracy massively, but both would fall under the “Decreases Accuracy” heading.

2 Likes

like; the hyperion grip has a higher/lower accuracy boost than an hyperion stock? or like 2 hyperion grips can both have different accuracy boosts on the same gun?

The thing i dont understand is that both lyuda’s have an hyperion stock (supposedly boosting accuracy equally on both guns). One gun has an hyperion grip, which should boost the accuracy even higher, yet the lyuda with the dahl grip has the higher accuracy stat. If 2 hyperion stocks could both boost accuracy diffently then that could be my answer, not the answer i had hoped for but an answer nonetheless.

Stocks boost stability, which isn’t listed on the item card.

I rattled it around and i have no idea why the Dahl grip one is more accurate. Everything i know says the Hyperion grip should be more accurate

1 Like

As in, a Jakobs grip may decrease Accuracy, and a Maliwan grip may decrease Accuracy, but they may have different amounts for how much they decrease Accuracy while still being marked as “Decreases Accuracy”.