Borderlands 2 Commonly Used Acronyms and Abbreviations

I guess that depends on Who’s On First :rofl:

4 Likes

What!? I don’t know! :wink:

3 Likes

for TPS items see the post I made on the TPS Forum

2 Likes

Started fine tuning the list to get the less commonly used out of it.

Also, noticed there are 2 entries for Sawtooth Cauldren
SC
STC

Should both be kept or which one should be deleted?

1 Like

One suggestion, recalling my earlier days - perhaps putting a bit more gloss on ‘Random Number Generator’ would be helpful for people who don’t know what this is? I.e. ‘it’s the mechanism by which the game randomly generates loot drops’ or similar (I’m sure others here can define it better than I can). I didn’t know what this phrase actually meant for quite a long time.

3 Likes

Throw in a link, and that would be good enough!

3 Likes

Thank you guys, ive been playing awhile and still was wondering about half of these! Definitely cleared some things up.

2 Likes

How about 5/5 for max skills and 10/5/9/5, 10/5/9/5/9/5 and 10/5 x5 for the boosts you get from blue, purple and legendary coms (and yes, I know a couple of legendary coms have 6 skills :grinning:) ?

Not an acronym, but might be worth tossing Loot Mule down at the bottom by Dashboarding?

1 Like

OK, Mule or Loot Mule is used often enough that it qualifies to be on the list, will come up with a definition for it and add it in later today

Which is an example of why this list is being composed. Terms or abb’s that we always toss out, we know what they are but a new person is going to look at it and wonder "What the heck are they talking about"
So anything that you think about can be added in this thread, they may not make it to the list at the top, but they will be here for peeps to see what they mean.

Edit; added this definition in. Please let me know if it sounds good or needs tweaked

I just ran into one yesterday : ROF - rate of fire

To be quite honest with you, I haven’t heard 90% of the things on this list. Ever.

1 Like

they are around, but being honest I believe that some of the ones that were submitted are more niche oriented. such as skill trees for different toons, I am in a slow process of separating those out and will put them in a “Niche” list somewhere in here

2 Likes

For common abbreviations there sure are a lot I’ve never seen used :smiley: I guess they come up more on the character forums I don’t go to.

The only thing I that comes to mind to contribute at this point is that if people are talking about pimps they aren’t up for any shade business but mean Pimpernel sniper rifles.

2 Likes
3 Likes

Pimp = Pimpernel sniper rifles
Pimp/Ahab = Pimpernel and Ahab Rocket Launcher combo for Sal

There are probably a few more combos that are used regularly on Sal and the other toons just can’t think of them at the moment. Shamfleet is already on the list

Well, there’s the really popular Grog Nozzle + Unkempt Harold but despite us trying to come up with a name (sometime last year, I think) nothing stuck. I still call it the Drunken Harold just because it makes it sound like a hobo. But if you just say UH pretty much everyone and their cousin knows the other gun is Grog. And if they don’t they are very unlikely to find it here first.

There’s also Flakker + RL abuse which doesn’t really have a short way to call it. Flakker switching / Flakker + RL / something.

Then there’s Grog switching where you shoot the thing in your hands (usually something made by Torgue since their stuff has slow bullet travel speed which this usually needs) and switch to Grog to get the healing when the bullets hit (+ crit bonus). Once again, no real abbreviation for it, though.

I bumped this added a new abbreviation
CSD - Creature Slaughter Dome

4 Likes

5 Likes

ummm I like the pic and have actually looked for it, having seen it on another forum long ago , but no this is my thread and I have added to it

any other time would totally agree

also note, as well as being my thread, it is on subject and cannot think of any good reason a new thread should be started up to cover the same thing

5 Likes