Borderlands 2 Commonly Used Acronyms and Abbreviations

Worse Than Failure?

4 Likes

I will continue to update post #16 with all the suggestions to make it easier on lunatic.

3 Likes

Triple- O/OOO: Omnd-Omnd-Ohk
Dexi- Dexiduous the invincible
Vorac- Voracidous the invincible
Grog- Grog Nozzle (kind of an abbreviation)
Kunai- (possibly) the combo of death mark and death blossom

Not sure if they’re commonly used but
Evo- Evolution
Neo- Neogenator

3 Likes

From here up, I have added everyones adds to the master list in the first post. any more new thoughts of what should be added , please list below this.

Thank You

1 Like

Spelling error on my part. I spelt sham as shame. Which in the case of shamfleet shame may fit better :joy:

5 Likes

corrected

2 Likes

UCP for Unofficial Community Patch?
BL1, BL2 and TPS? They seem obvious, but I do remember being confounded by even the simplest acronyms when I first got onto these forums.

4 Likes

BL 2, yes needs added,
but would it maybe be best if TPS and BL 1 each had their own list? instead of everything combined into one, which could possibly cause confusion. :thinking:

1 Like

AoE grenades

2 Likes

Bus= Bus That can’t Slow down
The Dragons -The Ancient Dragons of Destruction
Gee - Master Gee the invincible
Terra - Terramoprhous the invincible
Pete - Pyro pete the invincible
Vermi - Vermivorous the invincible
TL - Thoughtlock (never seen this one used personally)
UCP - Unofficial Community Patch

Someone should spell check terra and vermi for me

3 Likes

min/max=minimizing character’s weaknesses and maximizing its strengths

3 Likes

Wow - I thought I’d work on a list while at work ; but work’s not letting me - damn job…

I can’t work on entries but categories might be something for us to mentally run through :

• character skills ( CK , MMF, etc. )
  • gear
  • maps (WEP, etc.)
  • enemies & NPC’s ( OOO, etc. )
  • others?

I don’t propose the list should be broken down into categories, just a way to approach collecting the list.

Vermivorous

GN is used too

3 Likes

I might consider leaving it in alphabetical order; for someone who isn’t familiar with the terms (the intended audience here, no?), they won’t know in which category the acronym in question would reside. An alphabetical list lets them scroll right to it.

4 Likes

I didn’t propose that we do anything other than alphabetical - just that if I were to approach making a list, I would start with Maya, go through all her skills, Zer0, same thing, etc. Then go through pistols, then AR’s, etc. Then look at the various maps.

It’s just a methodical approach to making the list, that’s all. Then arrange it alphabetically.

2 Likes

It’s gone.

I think referencing the games as such would be worthwhile, because you might see something like.

With what we know from Bl1 and Bl2 we know there’s 4 sirens that have appeared in the games

or

Following the events in the TPS dlc we know Jack terminated the claptrap line

AS - Action Skill.

6 Likes

I do have a list started now, that I pasted into my first post, in Alphabetical order, it has most all of the various contributions added into it, but I’m sure there are still more that needs added

also if something’s not where it belongs Alphabetically in the list, let me know and I’ll fix it

1 Like

DFA (Death From Above)

2 Likes

Here’s everything i could think of for sal, I’m not sure how many of these are actually used

Sal - Salvador or The gunzerker
$Shot or MS - Money Shot
KiPH - Keep it Piping Hot
NKLOK - No Kill Like Overkill
FtB - Filled to the Brim
AitR - All in the Reflexes
SaSg - Steady as She Goes
5So6 - 5 Shots or 6
YkY - Yippie Ki Yay
Juggernaut - I’m the Juggernaut
AGTB - Ain’t Got Time to Bleed
FfH - Fistful of Hurt
Bubblegum - All out of Bubblegum
Bus - Bus that Can’t Slow Down
Sexy T-Rex - Sexual Tyrannosaurus
CAMB - Come at Me, Bro
His other skills generally get spelled out or they’re rarely mentioned

For Axton i don’t ever see any used for his skills

3 Likes

Actually, there are some exceptions- I’ve accepted and tested numerous Fibbers w/o triggering an autosave so this might be a function of where you are (i.e. accepting a Sand Hawk and being so close to an autosave beacon…).

4 Likes

You can accept any quest reward without an autosave. I’ve never had it save after just accepting a mission reward. Am I wrong? As long as you don’t move and close the game without it saving, in theory it will never save.

4 Likes