Borderlands 2 Community Patch on Mac?

So I am aware that the BorderlandsPatcher.exe file is a Microsoft product that will not run at all. So is there a way for my friend on Mac to use the Community Patch and play along with me? I’ve been looking around for a while and cannot find anything solid so any help would be appreciated. Thank you for your time.

2 Likes

It’s entirely community designed, so i really doubt it. I mean, it really shouldn’t be a difficult port, since you can do the changes yourself without the program. But I have no idea what language the program is even written in. i would love to see a linux port.

1 Like

Yeah neither me or my friend arent exactly masters of code or anything of this sort. I’ll keep looking around though.

1 Like

there are walkthroughs to do the hexediting yourself. The difficulty would be finding the exact PATH needed to point to where things are in mac/linux, since its very different.

3 Likes

I found this reddit thread with an apparent working solution.

I know absolutely nothing about mac’s so good luck.

Found this on Shadow Evil’s discord in the pinned messages:

UCP Mac Installation Instructions

1. Go to the following directory:

~/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/Borderlands 2/Borderlands2.app/Contents/GameData/WillowGame/CookedPCConsole

2. Rename engine.upk and engine.upk.uncompressed_size to something else, or move it from this directory.

3. Download and place the following file in the directory listed above.

https://github.com/AnotherBugworm/Borderlands2Patcher/raw/master/engine.upk

4. Download the Patch.txt and place it in the directory listed below.

https://github.com/BLCM/BLCMods/tree/master/Borderlands%202%20mods/Shadowevil

~/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/Borderlands 2/Borderlands2.app/Contents/GameData/Binaries

5. Open the following file and search for ConsoleKey=Undefine and change it to ConsoleKey=Tilde (or any other button, F6 for example)

~/Library/Application Support/Borderlands 2/WillowGame/Config/WillowInput.ini

6. Start up your game, press any button on the title screen to enter the Main Menu. When in the Main Menu, press Esc and confirm exit to title screen. Then open console and type exec patch.txt.

You should have the patch working now. :pray:

Credit for info to @Masaaki14

2 Likes

Hey so I’ve followed all these steps and also have used the BLCMM tool and when I open BL2, type in exec patch.txt, it gives the the message of “unofficial community patch 4.1 is running” or something to that extent but when I’m in game it hasn’t been applied. The only reason I can think of is that I have BL2 Loaded on an external drive but even then I made sure to change all the directories to the right one. Any clue?

1 Like

I suggest you ask this question in the UCP authors’ official support channel (which should be indicated on the Github page for the UCP and tool repository.)

There has been some internal discussion at Gearbox about the UCP and, while a decision was made to not impose a blanket ban on discussion here, it’s not officially supported by Gearbox either.

And honestly, most if not all of the forum regulars who use the UCP are on PC, so I’m not sure how likely you are to get much help here.

1 Like

The Github link isn’t working

1 Like