I’m playing on a 2080 Ti and I noticed FPS drops days ago, then I found out people were saying it was PhysX fault.
But upon tweaking a simple thing I’m able to play with everything set to high including PhysX and my FPS does not even drop a little bit, just not a bit.
So I was wondering, is there anyone still having problems?
FIX that should work for most people -----------------------------------------
1.- Tested on Windows 10 x64, 1803 and 1809
2.- This setting could increase latency on some games, Borderlands 2 is NOT one of them.
3.- It worked on a non-gaming laptop, was able to play with PhysX set to High
NVidia Users: (any driver works, tested on 3xx and 4xx drivers)
- Make sure you have NVidia drivers installed
- Open NVIDIA Control Panel
- Click on Manage 3D Settings
- Click on Program Settings tab
- Click on “Add”, look for Borderlands 2 and click on “Add Selected Program”
- Below look for the option “Maximum Pre-rendered Frames”
- Set it between 2 and 4 (I’d suggest 4, it doesn’t affect latency on this game)
- Click on Apply and that’s literally it, that simple
I don’t have an AMD GPU to write down the steps to follow, but upon a quick google search I found that you need the program RadeonPro or RadeonMod to do so.