A hot fix is automatically applied at the “Press Start” screen when Borderlands 2 is connected to the internet. In general, hot fixes are used to temporarily address issues between major updates. Hot fixes are not permanent – they are temporarily stored in memory during the game session and lost upon exiting Borderlands 2. To ensure that you receive hot fixes, make sure that your system is connected to the internet when Borderlands 2 boots up.
[quote]January 25, 2016 Hot Fixes
- Increased drop rate for the Hyperion assassin skin customizations
- Increased drop rate for Maya’s “Frozen Wrath” skin customization.
- Increased DoT chance and DoT damage for the “Whiskey Tango Foxtrot” shield.
- Zer0’s “Velocity” skill will now apply critical hit damage correctly.
- Gaige’s “Wires Don’t Talk” skill now appropriately increase shock DoT damage.[/quote]
[quote]November 9, 2015 Hot Fixes
- Maya’s Blight Phoenix skill is now buffed to be on par with other skills in the tree.
- Zer0’s Deathmark ability now receives a larger damage boost.
- Vermivorous will now be easier to spawn in a single-player game.
- Grenade mod item card text will now display correctly on mods that spawn child grenades.
[quote]May 26, 2015 Hot Fixes
- Increasing drop rates for legendary items by 3x.[/quote]
[quote]May 7, 2015 Hot Fixes
- Adjusting drop rates for legendary items through May 13
- Increased collect radius when picking up multiple items[/quote]
[quote]April 30, 2015 Hot Fixes
- Adjusting drop rates for legendary items through Wednesday, May 6.[/quote]
[quote]April 23, 2015 Hot Fixes
-Adjusting drop rates for legendary items through Wednesday, April 29.[/quote]
[quote]April 16, 2015 Hot Fixes
-Adjusting drop rates for legendary items through Wednesday, April 22.[/quote]
[quote]April 9, 2015 Hot Fixes
-Adjusting drop rates for legendary items through Wednesday, April 15.[/quote]
[quote]July 15, 2014 Hot Fixes
- Head and skin customizations themed after Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel added as extremely rare loot drops – see www.gearboxsoftware.com for more details.
[quote]March 12, 2014 Hot Fixes
-Additional adjustments to ensure weapons properly apply damage over time (DoT) effects.
-Adjusted Vermivorous the Invincible’s loot pool to ensure each kill consistently results in better loot.
[quote]February 10, 2014 Hot Fixes
-Addressed an issue where elemental fire damage over time (DoT) would sometimes incorrectly cause only 1-2 damage per hit.
[quote]December 18, 2013 Hot Fixes
-Addressed an issue where only one instance of Death Mark could be applied in a multiplayer game.
-Zero’s Deception ability can now be activated when firing and reloading a Tediore SMG.
[quote]December 10, 2013 Hot Fixes
- Adjusted the camera angle for Krieg while in the gunner seat of the Runner.
- Wilhelm is no longer invulnerable to the Ahab Rocket launcher.
- Description for Gaige’s Buck Up skill now correctly indicates that Deathtrap will restore 100% of shields.
- Gaige’s Interspersed Outburst no longer prevents critical hits from registering.
- Krieg’s Release the Beast will correctly activate when health is less than 33%.
- Adjusted the presentation of Relic attributes.
- Corrected an issue where Tiny Tina’s damsels could become invisible.
- (TK Baha) Removed the inadvertent health regeneration for the Pumpkin King’s head when playing on OP1 - OP8.
[quote]September 25, 2013 Hot Fixes
- Adjusted the Community Day 2013 character customizations to address an issue where players were sometimes unable to pick them up – these items are extremely rare, so if you see one be sure to use it as quickly as possible!
[quote]September 12, 2013 Hot Fix
- Community Day 2013 character customizations added as extremely rare drops from common enemies – if you see one, be sure to use it as quickly as possible![/quote]
[quote]August 6, 2013 Hot Fixes
- Summoning Deathtrap with “Sharing is Caring” enabled no longer causes a Turtle shield’s health penalties to be applied twice.
[quote]July 24, 2013 Hot Fixes
- Corrected an issue with certain assault rifles not receiving the proper damage bonus from their barrel.
- Flynt now has a chance to drop the Tinderbox and other unique items.
- Addressed an issue where BNK-3R could get stuck and not be defeated…
- (Mr. Torgue DLC) Badassasarus now takes proper explosion damage from the Tunguska rocket launcher.
- (Tina Tiny DLC) Repositioned the boundary turrets in Unassuming Docks to prevent players from missing a critical area.
- Addressed a rare issue where players who did not complete the optional “Collect Slag Samples” objective would not properly spawn back into the Natural Selection Annex.
[quote]July 9, 2013 Hot Fixes
- (Tiny Tina DLC) Class alignment mods with “Good” in their name now properly increase reload speed.[/quote]
[quote]April 3, 2013 Hot Fixes
- (Mr. Torgue DLC) Enemies above Level 50 should no longer appear during “Tier 3 Battle” missions while playing in Normal and True Vault Hunter Mode.[/quote]
[quote]March 26, 2013 Hot Fixes
- Addressed an issue that could cause sound effects to loop during the “Train to Catch” mission.
- Fixed a bug that prevented Pimon from spawning in Wildlife Exploitation Reserve if players had completed the “Swallowed Whole” side mission.
- Resolved a rare issue where players would sometimes be unable to pick up loot dropped by Terramorphous the Invincible.
- Fixed audio issues for clients using the ‘Hide of Terramorphous’ shield.
- Prevented exclamation mark from appearing above certain enemies when they are not mission givers.
- (Sir Hammerlock DLC) Fixed an issue where Rakkanoth would not always spawn if players were too far away.
- Fixed an issue that could cause Handsome Jack’s name to temporarily be in another language for the final boss fight when playing with a user in a different language.[/quote]
[quote]March 12, 2013 Hot Fixes
- The “Surprise!” challenge is now immediately visible and no longer hidden.
- Addressed some instances where Booster and Adaptive shield sound effects would not properly trigger.
[quote]February 19, 2013 Hot Fixes
- (Mr. Torgue DLC) Fixed an issue where the Lootsplosion would not always trigger after defeating Piston.[/quote]
[quote]February 5, 2013 Hot Fixes
- Increased Shock Spike shield damage by addressing issue where it was not being calculated properly.[/quote]
[quote]December 6, 2012 Hot Fixes
- Daily lockouts for Hyperius the Invincible, Master Gee the Invincible, and Pyro Pete the Invincible disabled pending a future update to address lockout timers.[/quote]