Borderlands 2 Not Launching on Steam (Mac)

Alright so I’ve owned this game for about a year now, and I’ve been able to play it perfectly fine until about 3 months ago. It’s just not launching at all anymore from steam. Whenever I click play, the BL2 Icon starts bouncing on my dock, and a small new window opens saying:’ “Borderlands 2” Checking ', with a progress bar that’s at about 5% I’d say, it just stays at 5% most of the time before the window just quits by itself , sometimes when I try launching it gets to 40% before it quits. After the window quits, BL2 isn’t bouncing on my dock anymore at all and tells me that the App isn’t reacting. So basically I can’t even get to the launcher or any screen at all from the game, it’s just not launching.
Here’s a list of what I have done so far to try and solve the issue:

• Restart my Mac
  • Multiple times have I verified the integrity of the game files.
  • Went to launch options in steam and used the “-NoLauncher” command
  • Reinstalled BL2
  • Reinstalled Steam
  • Reset my entire Mac
    So basically I don’t know what to do anymore, I feel like I’ve tried everything. BL2 is my favourite game and I’d love to be able to play it again, so please help me.
    Here are my specs:
    MacOS Catalina 10.15.2
    iMac (21.5-inch, Mid 2014)
    Processor 1.4 GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i5
    Memory 8GB 1600 MHz DDR3
    Videocard Intel HD Graphics 5000 1536 MB

Sorry for the delay in responding to this.

That is the Gatekeeper alert and progress bar, Gatekeeper is scanning the image that BL2 is in. I do NOT know why it would be failing. It should only run once on install then not again.

One thing you could try is turning off Gatekeeper and launching. You can read about how to turn it off here https://cronotek.net/blog/how-to-disable-gatekeeper-on-macos-mojave-and-catalina

NOTE: This obviously presents personal security concerns. If I were to try this, I’d turn off Gatekeeper and launch BL2, then immediately turn Gatekeeper back on to make sure you don’t inadvertently download something bad later on.
–RoA