Borderlands 2 now hanging with the latest Win10x nVidia updates

So, just today, Borderlands 2 completely froze up multiple times (after ~15-20m of gameplay) and refuses to shut down (I can’t even bring up task manager). It’s happening in random intervals. I’m running the latest Win10 x64 and nVidia drivers - state of the art system. It’s a new problem, and quite concerning.

1 Like

Can you try rolling back to the previous version of the nVidia drivers?

1 Like

Actually I switched to full-screen windowed (2560x1440) and the problem has gone away - so seems to be an issue when running full-screen.

2 Likes

This has been happening to me ever since I upgraded my wifi. I now use an Orbi mesh wifi system and the satellite link seems to be the culprit. the refresh intervals or what-have-you seem to cause a stutter affect that ends up lagging my system to a standstill or crawl. it lasts for roughly 20 seconds or so.

It has also locked up my system to where you just hear the sound from the game, but visually it’s locked/frozen. Not even task manager comes up. I’ve hard to hardboot my laptop in those cases(its happened a few times).

I’ll have to take a look at the full screen or windowed options to see if that does anything, since I’m not 100% sure it’s my wifi. It just seemed to be more than just a coincidence.

Yah I doubt it’s your Wifi. However, did you recently run the big Windows 10 update? I ran it around 4 days ago - these “new” issues could be related. Hard to say. But since I switched to full-screen windowed, I have no problems.

2 Likes

Got to agree with Moogy here - unless you’re streaming your video signal wirelessly, I can’t see it affecting your game. Plus, I’ve seen reports that the windowing mode affected the game on other systems in numerous freezing/crashing posts.

1 Like

not to my knowledge. I haven’t rebooted my laptop in a couple weeks. lol I just close the lid after shutting down programs. that way, I can just open my lid when getting home and it’s ready to go. lol I have my updated set to when I shutdown, it will force me to update before shutting down. I did notice the GEForce gaming driver update for my Nvidia card. your title of the post is what drew my attention, knowing the update for my vcard is in the past couple of days, I have not applied the update and probably won’t. I have negative experiences when updating drivers for my nvidia card. I have to go thru my setting and re-apply in those cases.

I’m going to take a stab at the windowing feature you mentioned. I think I’m currenlty set to full screen-windowed. I’ll check and if I do make a change and notice anything, I’ll report back.