Borderlands 2(THC)XboxOne shift codes inoperable

(gamer4life198812) #1

I cannot for the life of me get any shift codes to work. I redeemed one code on June 16 and ever since then it keeps saying “sorry, but the code you entered cannot be redeemed.” I have live and I made sure they weren’t expired just nothing happens. I guess I get no more badass loot! :sleepy:

(Vault Hunter, Guide, Forum Dad) #2

It sounds like the game is having difficulty connecting and verifying with the SHiFT servers - if you’d made a typo, entered an expired code, or entered one you’d claimed before, you’d get a different error message.

One thing that might be relevant is that SHiFT terms of service changed to account for the new European privacy law. Go to SHiFT menu in game, then look along the bottom of the SHiFT dialog box for an option that says something like ToS or privacy (sorry for not being exact - this is from memory and I’ve only done this once myself.) Click it, accept the ToS, and then try another SHiFT code.

If that doesn’t work, and everything is otherwise the same as in 2016 (same GT etc.), your best bet would be to contact support diectly:

https://support.2k.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=51397

Please post back if you manage to get a fix, as I’m sure someone else will have the same problem sooner or later.