Borderlands 2 What SMG do you like the most?

Obviously SMG’s differ based on who’s using it, but for the sake of making this topic easier lets say a level 72 maya is wielding different kinds of SMG’s. Which one is your guys’ favorite out of the bunch? I’ve heard good things about the Good/Bad Touch and The Bitch.
If grinding for gear pisses you off and that affect’s your opinion it is completely fine. This is an open discussion about cool weapons. Personally it does not matter for me. All i want to say is i’m not the biggest fan of the Sand Hawk and would like to discover a “better” SMG to use.

2 Likes

Good topic!

I quite like the Bitch, but it’s probably the only Hyperion SMG I can handle. The time it takes to reach accuracy is just too long for me with most of them. You can never go wrong with a good Maliwan SMG - the Hellfire is probably my favourite. I’ll also admit that I really like plasma casters, but especially bandit plasma casters. :grin:

1 Like

Hmm. I know everyone says the Sand Hawk / The Bee combo is great, but it always feels like an exploit to me. My personal favourites would be either the Chulainn, the Hellfire, or perhaps the Crit (yeah, Maliwan FTW).

If you don’t want to grind, then try the Lascaux. Always spawns on the ground in a certain part of Frostburn Canyon, and is basically a shotgun in an SMG. Really, really good all the way up through UVHM.

@hattieinduni Bandit Plasma Casters are great fun, but you can’t hit the side of a barn with one. They just go everywhere.

1 Like

Nice! I’ve been grinding for gear on my Level 50 Maya right now but since im only in TVHM nothing is scaled to my level. I have a hellfire and I have to say I am loving it. I would also like to test out the Plasma Caster because the videos ive seen on it make it look ridiculously fun.

1 Like

I feel the same way about the Bee Hawk set up. Not really that it’s an exploit. But like Hat said, it’s kinda boring and the projectiles just don’t sit well with me. I probably also have bad aim but that’s beside the point. But yea, long story short i’m not a fan.

2 Likes

I really like the Lascaux too. It needs a buff to balance it in the OP levels as at OP8 it doesn’t really pass muster, but it’s a great gun.

I don’t really think of Beehawking as an exploit but I tend to avoid it because using the same combo frequently feels very boring for me. I like variety! It’s also what I tend to use to clear the Peak with most characters when I first level them up, which kind of gives it bad memories.

Bandit plasma casters ftw! Perhaps they do lack trivial qualities like accuracy, but in the right scenario they can do a hilarious amount of damage :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I quite like the Tattler and the shock variant is my go to weapon for skeletons as Maya. Nothing really has its punch against them while Bee-less except the Pimp and a DPUH. I can’t use a Bone with the DPUH and it has ammo issues. And with 10/5 Accelerate I prefer not to use the Pimp. It’s also amazing for the rest of the game as well. Considering ammo usage and if you’re not using a Bee, I’d deem it her best all round SMG.

I also like the Sandhawk, Bitch, and Hyperion Plasma Caster on her.

1 Like

Been a while since I’ve played but I recall using chulainn quite a bit and had fun using it on my siren. Also used the florentine quite a bit but my main smgs were usually plasma casters although I would have to put the game in to remember my exact setup ATM… And for a quick smg pickup to hold you over the Lascaux is definitely worth grabbing and is a very serviceable smg.

1 Like

There’s a vicious :grin: debate currently unfolding on another thread about the merits of the Tattler. I’m unimpressed ; @hattieinduni and @khimerakiller are - amongst many others.

• The Lascaux always pissed me off until I picked one up again @ level 70-something and holy crap is it great.
  • The Hellfire is also my personal favouite - to me PC’s are no comparision ( except visually - then they rule )
  • Somehow the Bad Touch ( Maya w/ corrosive bone ) is unbelievably good - far better than a Maliwan PC. There’s no good reason for this except for the crit bonus.
  • Speaking of : the Crit! For anything below OP this thing is awesome and gets no love. It has - iirc - the highest crit bonus. Even higher than the:
  • Bitch - obviously. No one (who crits) should be without one - I prefer non-elemental.
  • The Sandhawk is a necessary evil to be used only when I lack the skill or imagination to otherwise wreck.
    A big part of favourites I find is simply aesthetics. The sound of a Lascaux spewing bullets is comforting :blush: whereas the constipated sound of the Tattler desperately trying to get out bullets makes me feel :fearful:
4 Likes

Bad touch, the bitch (which is a bitch to get Btw, only got it once in the years I have played) and lascaux are my favorites.

I think the sandhawk is a good weapon but I don’t like how slow and how it lacks precision.

Lascaux really eats in to ammo so it’s really not all that practical the first playthrough since it can be had pretty early in the game; by the time you’ve got enough smg ammo to use it you are leveled too high.

Bad Touch is great against corrosive prone enemies but that’s where the benefit stops.

The bitch is definitely my favorite and blows the shizzle out of enemies but in my experience it’s a pretty hard weapon to get.

3 Likes

Slagga because it’s the only slag weapon I’ve found that can hold it’s own against other weapons of different elements. And the slagging helps.

3 Likes

Hellfire is one of my big favorites.

1 Like

I used to hate the beehawk combo as well because I felt like the bee shield was a huge crutch to that combination, but I recently was farming some bosses and thought I’d give it another chance and I don’t think I can go back now, haha, I’ve broken myself. I did recently get an inflammable Bee though so having the 5 second delay made it way more viable for me.

Other than that, the Bitch was always my favourite SMG. I might go back and try the hellfire now that people have mentioned it here, I got an OP8 one from Bunker a while back and just stashed it.

1 Like

I don’t disdain Bee + Sand Hawk myself. It was a big discovery for me, I didn’t know about it until I was already at OP8 :smirk: For me Beehawking is like cheap blended whiskey. It’s not a strategy long in the making, you’re not going to savour it much, and admittedly it doesn’t have the whiff of class you get when you use a Hellfire, but when it’s what you need it really does the job.

2 Likes

The avenger. It’s the only way i was able to defeat pistons blimp.i would run out of ammo until i found that gun.

1 Like

For general use I like the Hellfire and Maliwan Casters. For Hellborn Krieg I like the Slagga.

2 Likes

Yep, that’s mine!! Just love FIRE weapons, but the Hellfire has always been a favourite.

1 Like

Crit, Plasmacaster and Babymaker for Sal

1 Like

Gotta be the slagga for me, my loadout does not seem right if not there.
Even thou it can be underleveled compered to enemies it still does its job very well.

1 Like

I don’t particularly like RNG weapons but the Orc is absolutely savage! Pretty sure I’m the only player in the world who likes the Bone Shredder as well… :confused:

1 Like