Borderlands 2 Won't Connect To The Internet

(therealsirkibble) #1

Borderlands 2 on the Handsome Collection will not connect to the internet. My game launches offline and when I try to change the Network Option, I get the Restricted Access message saying "This feature requires all active players to be connected to Xbox Live and have multiplayer privileges." But I'm connected to Xbox Live. I see my friends, I can watch ESPN or Twitch, and do everything else. But Borderlands 2 won't recognize I'm online.

I've also already contacted Gearbox and they told me to unplug my Xbox to reset the cache, uninstall the games and reinstall them without launching them. I did that, I still have the same issue.

So, while I wait for another response, does anyone here have any idea what could be causing this?

(St0icr4ven) #2

check to make sure you have your NAT settings for Open. If that's all good there, it's a game issue. I'm having some similar problems with BL2 switching between game modes when trying to join multiplayer. They've said the problem is on my end......funny thing though. It only happens with BL2 and that lame as crap pre-sequel.

(Justinhammond11) #3

You're not alone buddy, I'm having the same problem. Gearbox haven't got back to me or my friend (who has the same issue) whatsoever despite both sending two support tickets, facebook and twitter messages and creating a post on here, I know it isn't a problem my end as the Handsome Collection is the only game I can't get online with. Feels like an issue they are just ignoring. no sign of a patch unfortunately

BL 2 on Handsome Collection Connectivity Issue
(Jeffybug) #4

While you wait for support assistance, do you guys have multiple Xbox Live accounts logged in by chance?

(therealsirkibble) #5

Yeah. NAT's open. That was the first thing I checked. Lol

I don't have multiple accounts.

But are y'all in the Preview Program? I'm beginning to think that has something to do with it. I can't sign into party chat or play Titanfall at all.

(Justinhammond11) #6

I don't have multiple accounts and I wasn't in the preview program, there's only one profile on my console.

(reconscout1) #7

I'm having the same problem. I've been able to connect with matchmaking maybe 5 times since launch. Real upsetting since multiplayer is the best aspect to this game. Can we not get any info for a fix. Just to give us an update will make most of us happy but until then we will sit in the dark wondering if this issue is even a priority to fix

(Jetshadow) #8

Same problem here too. NAT is Open, have installed/reinstalled game, have cleared cache, no dice.

Come on Gearbox, please patch this. I can't play like this.

(Taifighterliger) #9

Looks like nothing has been done about it. I just ran into this problem today and I’ve had no problems with it until now. I played fine yesterday and now all of a sudden, this happens. I’ve already uninstalled and reinstalled, unplugged my xbox, cleared the cache, made sure it wasn’t my internet and still nothing. Is this never going to be fixed? Would really like to get back into playing, if it’s not let me know now so I can uninstall and move on.

(jarredday) #10

this is still an issue!

(Cmsullivan09) #11

Was this ever resolved ?

(Liuxy94) #13

Was it fixed? I have the same problem now:expressionless:

(chasehaggenmaker) #14

Seeing as this was 2015, I am now dealing with this. Was playing all fine last night while leveling up a buddy on TPS and went to go into bl2 and got this message. I’ve tried everything and yet still says it’s on my end. This is ridiculous gearbox.

(Vault Hunter, Guide, Forum Dad) #15

If it happens again, have the host switch their network settings to “Private” then switch back. Then try inviting/joining again.

(Edbarron32626) #16

Having the same issues all of a sudden. Just renewed my Xbox live and it’s not working for some reason. I wanted to use my shift codes but I keep getting this error message. What is the fix?

(Vault Hunter, Guide, Forum Dad) #17

Same problem as the OP with the same error message, or simply that you can’t connect on-line with friends (but can connect to a random public game)?

(LunaticOne) #18

this lists several of the workarounds, they will work about 95% of the time

(Golferhvhs) #19

So today is the day Borderlands 2 came out for Xbox Games With Gold and I was pumped to get an awesome game for free. Sadly the connection is still an issue. I tried everything to no avail. Hats off to Gearbox, great job.

(Golferhvhs) #20

So what I did was reset my 360 information on my xbox one, as if I never had an Xbox 360. I had never played BL2 so it didn’t mean anything and it resolved it. I don’t think I would recommend it if you want your save files though.

(Vault Hunter, Guide, Forum Dad) #21

Can you clarify what you mean by this? Do you mean you deleted your profile, or combined game/save folders, or… ? It would be helpful if you could do that, just in case someone else drops by with the same problem.