"Borderlands 3" Concept: Enhanced Movement system

Especially for those that have played TPS, what are your thoughts on it?

1 Like

wall running would be crazy for borderlands, any kind of parkour/movement would be awesome for borderlands, would make it feel more open

1 Like

Wall-running would be crazy, but that’d also be like the system in recent “Call of Duty” games. Personally, I find WRing disorienting, especially if there’s gonna be camera-shifting involved, and I was trying to write up a system that was comparatively unique. Thus, what I wrote up made wall-running impossible, yet at the same time, allows wall-jumping…: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glossary_of_video_game_terms#W
…with the jump system contact-recharging against any surface.

Currently IDK, but might possibly include recharging off of objects/vehicles or characters/enemies.

1 Like

wall jumping would be cool aswell, but tbh they would both work wonders for the game, and who cares what cod is doing xD if wall running was in the next game, it could very well be like cods, or vastly different, because this is borderlands after all. I digress, personally i think it would be so fun to be buzzaxe rampaging on a wall toward people :smiley:

Well, my issues and desire for a unique system aside, Buzzaxe-WRing sounds pretty crazy.

Y’know what, on second thought, scratch “pretty crazy” – try hella TERRIFYING</font color>!

it so would be, especially if you were in rtb xD you just have this giant kreig running at you, thats the point of no return

1 Like

[quote=“Jackoffasaurus, post:6, topic:1357324, full:true”]it so would be, especially if you were in rtb xD you just have this giant kreig running at you, thats the point of no return[/quote]https://i.ytimg.com/vi/hzcLnkgs1ys/maxresdefault.jpg

Why not add levels that have platforms that have their own gravity? Like you jump onto a platform that is normal then like one above it that u can jump to and stick onto it so you’re looking at the world upside down? Another aspect of parlour?

Parkour

1 Like

[quote=“one1oh0one1, post:8, topic:1357324, full:true”]Why not add levels that have platforms that have their own gravity? Like you jump onto a platform that is normal then like one above it that u can jump to and stick onto it so you’re looking at the world upside down? Another aspect of parlour?[/quote]All due respect, but I’m getting a bit queasy just thinking about that. Not that the idea’s bad, just that I don’t handle extreme motion (or anti-grav) too well. Ingenious idea, tho.

i feel like if they do end up doing something like this, it’ll be controlable :smiley: one size fits all in a certain respect

The wall running idea would be cool, but maybe only for one character? I also like the double jumping idea.

[quote=“Mcore, post:12, topic:1357324, full:true”]The wall running idea would be cool, but maybe only for one character?[/quote]I suppose I can agree with that, but still would like the recharge/push-off system (at least) as it allows more exploration.

I want to be able to do the same dodge-roll manoeuvre that the marauders and others do in BL2/TPS - especially when you toss a grenade in their direction. Basically the same as a bunch of other games I’ve played, where hitting crouch while moving sideways gives you a dodge/duck/roll of some kind. That would be a great start!

1 Like

@one1oh0one1 I’ll be honest, I have a hard time watching “Black Ops 3” for the first-person wall-running, and motion sickness is partly the reason I don’t want to watch “Hardcore Henry”:

The other half to my problem with HH is: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fear_of_falling#Space_and_motion_discomfort

On a relative note, my friend tried to argue that watching “Hardcore Henry” is the same as playing “Borderlands”, but I strongly disagree for the reason of which seat you’re riding in, which affects how well I can handle it. If it’s FPS, I much prefer a game and to be in the driver’s seat, with things happening at a pace that I can handle, and not so much air time.
“Hardcore Henry” puts me in the backseat and feeds me things I’m uncomfortable with at a pace I can barely keep up with, never mind that the view makes it a bit hard(er) to process.

for those who played tales from borderlands cause it gave away much of the BL2 - BL3 storyline they will know this wont work on elpis and in parts of helios and you might have oz kits in BL3 so running on a wall will not work or parkour will not work but triple jump might. Nobody can run parkour style in vacuum no air or will drain ozkit very very fast cause its your jetpack and same goes in low grav you’ll run slower than running normally on ground.

Edit: Dunks Watson can triple jump why can’t the vault hunter right

Well, he can’t do it any more! :stuck_out_tongue:

why wouldn’t running along a wall work? in all technicality it has nothing to do with oz kits, remember this isn’t like cod, borderlands doesn’t have a limit on how much you can sprint so why would there be one regarding wall running? doesn’t sound very borderlands-esqe. Terribly sorry if this came off as rude, but its just how i see it

Speaking strictly as a melee favoring individual, I wouldn’t mind seeing move systems that are independent to certain characters.

But this does present concerns to me.

Sure, there are times where I wished to be able to use “corner cover” and shoot in bursts without having to awkwardly side strafe, but I worry that it would turn the insanity of BL in to something way more cover-based. A form of game which tends to personally bore me catatonic.

That being said, for Melee characters. I wouldn’t mind if there were perks that for example;

Lowered your gun damage and reload speed, but allowed you to become incredibly more agile.

So a character like Zer0 could essentially use speed an agility as he does in the opening credits, while some one like Krieg could use the dodge, duck, dip, dive and dodge method he uses in the “Meat Bicycle built for Two” cinematic.

Again; I feel as though this has occurred to devs and there is a perfectly reasonable explanation as to why they didn’t add this. Also, I may be overestimating my, or the general uses, ability to dodge a hail of fire and not turn this in to the “roll left until win” scenarios you see in many Action-RPGs.

As a USER, I can’t make my mind up on this. Can’t imagine how difficult it must be on the Developers.

1 Like

can you run along the wall in spaoce the awnser is no cause you’ll be slower than walking on ground unless you have magnetic shoes which is also slow. Thats why it was never implimented in TPS any free running on walls. Also lees gravity the less you get tired running on ground. Why int wasn’t in BL2 is cause tech isn’t up to it to cope for that on time of release