Borderlands 3 concern

I understand the gaming industry is about money, but recent news has me really concerned for Borderlands 3.

Let me say first I absolutely LOVE this series. Borderlands2 is EASILY my favorite game of all time and I have been dreaming about Borderlands3 for years. I can emphasize enough how much I have pushed this game over the years and how many people have bought it because I have hounded them.

Recently the news was announced that it was coming out and I was ecstatic!!!

Then today I was crushed. It sounds like Borderlands3 will be an epic store exclusive and that is going to kill it for me. I have had numerous problems with epic and their lousy customer service and I will NEVER buy another game from them…EVER. I know a few others with similar issues.

I understand they give a higher share of the profits to the gaming companies, but at the cost of customer satisfaction. Yes, Steam takes a higher share of the profits, but they also pass that on to the consumer by giving us a platform that is MILLIONS of times better then epic, we’re talking not even remotely close. People will obviously buy the game on Epic, but it will be at a cost of fewer happy players who are doomed to have issues using multiplayer. Steam is SO much more reliable and the cloud saves is so much better it is ridiculous.

Metro Exodus did something similar and the company had an interview a month after doing the Epic store exclusive (not counting steam preorders) and said they would never do it again as they had a stupid amount of complaints from customers being forced to use a platform they didn’t want to use.

I know this won’t change anything and I doubt they will even read this, but today just sucks going from the ultimate high a few days ago to this feeling now.

Now I might be overreacting and maybe this won’t happen, but I have a feeling it will.

2 Likes