Borderlands 3 DLC

First off, I do plan on buying the super deluxe Borderlands 3 edition despite the $100 price tag

I want to get this game, my family, friends and I have been playing Borderlands since the first game released, however my friends aren’t as well off as I am and can’t afford the season pass, they can barely afford the standard edition of the game with my help.

The point is, if there was a way for us to all play on the DLC maps while only one person owns the DLC, that would be incredible. I don’t really know how your system works, but I think it would really help a lot of people if only the host needed to own the DLC maps for their friends to play there too.

I don’t know if this would help everyone, but I know it would help us, so there’s that.

2 Likes

If you are on PS4 you can share all the stuff you have with one friend, includes PS+ online play and DLC for games.

1 Like

But does that mean sharing as everyone has access but only one can play at time or share as in you both can play at the same time without restrictions?

1 Like

You can play at the same time.

1 Like

What If I’m on PC, thanks for the info btw

1 Like

I don’t know, I don’t play on PC.

1 Like

ok, well thanks anyways

1 Like

I’d expect this to be very unlikely for a number of reasons.

1 - If a session ended and the player who didn’t own the DLC loaded up without the host who does the game would try to load into the DLC map, and then have to shunt them to the vanilla game.
2 - All DLC weapons would be locked with the “Requires DLC” message [1] (including quest items I’d guess)
3 - Quest progress. The player without wouldn’t see the quest log, and the mission rewards / xp gains would either add up and the quest log would have to display missions you couldn’t complete in solo or “DLC mission” placeholders.
4 - The size of the compatibility packs to enable non-DLC holders to play with DLC holders would be a lot larger when a new DLC released.

However I do want to point out, I know nothing more than what is already announced so there might be plans for some sort of compatibility, or there may not. Personally I do find it unlikely though.

2 Likes

What?

Really?

My one copy is good for 2 accounts, playing at the same time???

begins plotting how to seduce the gf to the dark side and playing a twitch-centric game

1 Like

Yes. There are some exceptions, but that’s how it works on PS3/4. On Xbox you can do pretty much the same I think.

2 Likes

On a PC with Steam, you can setup Family Library Sharing. That allows one member of the family to play the game, but you have to take turns. I forget what happens if the owner logs in while the family member that was granted sharing access is running the game, but I don’t think that they were just dropped out of the game. It can authorize ten different computers and five different user accounts to access your games.

I don’t know if Epic has this feature, but I doubt it.