Borderlands 3 Hot Fixes [10/17/2019]

This week’s Borderlands 3 hotfixes adjust Legendary gear across all manufacturers. Our goal with Legendary gear is to enable a large variety of playstyles and builds for all characters. After looking through the data, we found that that some pieces of Legendary gear were greatly outperforming others and felt they were limiting builds instead of increasing them. In addition, some of the damage output of Legendary gear limited the growth in combat engagements for the future so we tuned everything to an acceptable median. We expect all Vault Hunters to be able to create amazing builds and we want to support that with more ways to grow and reach those power levels.

Weapon Hotfixes

Maliwan

• Westergun damage increased by 25%
  • ASMD damage increased by 28%
  • Cutsman damage reduced by 25%

Tediore

• Ten Gallon damage increased by 8%

Vladof

• Sickle reload speed increased by 25%
  • Faisor damage increased by 15%
  • Infiniti damage increased by 40%
  • Magnificent damage increased by 25%
  • Jericho damage increased by 40%
  • Lucian’s Call accuracy and handling reduced
  • Lyuda Critical Damage Bonus decreased by 30% and made a modification to address a reported bug that an extra bullet was spawned in the center
    • The Lyuda’s functionality is to split the projectile from 1 to 3 after a certain distance. It was reported that the original projectile was never destroyed in the process of splitting so 1 projectile actually became 4. Addressing this concern effectively removed a full shot’s worth of damage which auto-corrects the base damage of the weapon. Since we increased all sniper rifle critical damage bonus in a previous hotfix, we reduced some of the critical damage bonus on the Lyuda.

Torgue

• Try-Bolt damage increased by 25%
  • Alchemist damage increased by 25%
  • Devils Foursum damage increased by 13%
  • Flakker now consumes the full magazine when fired and damage is reduced by 33%
    • Flakker was greatly outperforming other shotguns due to the number of projectiles and the high rate of fire. We initially believed the resulting projectile spread would cause most of the explosions to miss the target, however this turned out to be false, so we reduced the projectile damage and allowed the weapon to only fire once per magazine. This change encourages players to capitalize on different stat bonuses to maximize the weapon’s damage output.
  • Laser-Sploder rocket projectiles spawn interval increased by 0.4 seconds

Jakobs

• Maggie damage increased by 35%
  • Hellwalker damage reduced by 8%

Hyperion

We found that a couple of the Legendary Hyperion weaponry bypassed the Hyperion manufacturer playstyle too easily making their bonuses greatly outweigh the penalties. The Butcher was drastically outperforming all metrics and we chose to reduce the damage in order to keep the fast fire rate.

• Conference Call damage increased by 15%
  • Crossroad accuracy reduced and it now fires 3 projectiles instead of 4
  • Butcher accuracy reduced and damage reduced by 25%

DAHL

• Vanquisher damage increased by 20%

Children of the Vault

• Skeksis damage increased by 15%
  • Linoge damage increased by 20%
  • Pain is Power damage increased by 25%

Atlas

• Ruby’s Wrath damage increased by 10%

Grenades

Hex and Firestorm were calibrated to the wrong grenade modifier. These two grenades were envisioned to specialize by applying elemental DoTs to targets. Instead they were resulting in large amounts of damage and the elemental DoTs were minimal. We realize this is a drastic change on both of these grenades, but we did not want to remove the spectacle of the grenade (number of grenades spawned, number of targets hit, etc.) and focused on allowing their core identity to be emphasized instead of them continuing to just be high damage grenades.

• Hunter-Seeker damage increased by 25%
  • Hex grenade damage reduced by 70% and duration reduced to 3 seconds
  • Firestorm damage reduced by 70%

Artifacts

It was reported that the Legendary artifact, Elemental Projector, had a bug resulting in the max value being displayed at 183% instead of the actual max value of 113%. Therefore, we addressed the discrepancy and reduced the max value to 90%.

• Elemental Projector damage max roll reduced to 90%

Vault Hunter Adjustments

The current state of Moze’s Iron Bear, Zane’s Digi-Clone, and FL4K’s pets have made players focus on other elements besides those Vault Hunter’s fundamental action skills in the late game. While longer term solutions to scaling their damage is explored, we have boosted the health of Iron Bear, the Digi-Clone, and the pets to make them more viable. We will have more to say about long term solutions for these characters in the future.

• Iron Bear: health increased by 50%
  • All pets’ health increased by 50%
  • Digi-Clone: health increased by 100%
  • Addressed a bug with Salvation where grenades were giving life-steal

Bug Fixes

• Psychos will now use their True Vault Hunter Mode name in True Vault Hunter Mode
  • Removed the optional Rare Spawn missions from Galaxy Progress
  • Addressed a reported bug where Completely Sane Sid didn’t always become hostile when using FL4K
  • Addressed a reported bug where Ratch would not properly spawn during “Ratch’d Up”, which potentially blocked completion of that side mission
  • Included a modification so Lilith would continue to move toward the door in Shiv’s confession chamber during “From the Ground Up”
  • Lowered the chance for a weapon to drop from the Pachinko machine
  • Included a modification so that Zane’s Digi-Clone will no longer spawn into the cage in Cistern of Slaughter
  • Shield Boosters were modified and are now set for autopickup
  • An addition was introduced so Eridium chests are no longer listed as Red Chests in the ECHOcast extension
34 Likes

Any updates on fixes for Split Screen? or Performance Patch?

59 Likes

No amara? I like the balances, keep it up.

5 Likes

70% damage nerf + 3 second uptime for the hex is awesome
Thank you! Was very much needed.

11 Likes

This makes booster shields worth picking up now :slight_smile:

52 Likes

Big patch when?

15 Likes

Lyuda nerfed. Lucian’s Call nerfed. Man. You guys REALLY didn’t like FL4K’s crit build, huh?

60 Likes

OMG FINALLY!

18 Likes

Some nerfs are VERY harsh but tbh, they are needed.

And I am saying this as someone who uses Flakker, Hex/Firestorm, Elemental Projector.

8 Likes

Awesome, but can’t play split screen co-op without making the game nearly unplayable, I have a crew of friends looking to get into the game hoping it’s addressed soon

18 Likes

Still need Clay to start moving at the very beginning of the Guns of Reliance quest. Dude is just stuck in the crate and won’t go anywhere…

It’s a main story quest, I can’t keep playing until you fix it.

5 Likes

is that all ? xD this is completely nothing even if ur iron bear can survive 3,4 seconds more it still would not do any dmg thats a complete joke…

41 Likes

Again… Any updates on fixes for Split Screen? or Performance Patch?

18 Likes

Nice stuff love the fixes to pets and abilities thats a lot of weapon changes too. Thanks guys

2 Likes

They commented on a performance fix coming but basically explained its taking longer due to approvement for platforms and just generally making sure it doesnt break anything

8 Likes

“We will have more to say about long term solutions for these characters in the future.” When you say it like this, it almost feels like you’re not willing to admit that “these characters” who are very broken and require long term solutions constitute 75% of the character selection screen. You might as well just say, “We’re still trying to figure out why only Amara works as intended.”

26 Likes

I think GBXs definition of “soon” is very different from everyone elses. They said they were going to release a timeline for large patches “Soon” over 3 weeks ago.

9 Likes

Please stop nerfing items and instead bring others up to the level of the items over-performing. Communities are getting sick of the nerfs.

90 Likes

Thank the gods, I’ve been wanting to use boosters and now I finally can.

Now to wait for all the people that will ignore the huge amounts of buffs legendaries got for the few nerfs they’ve put in.

My only input is that the buff to Iron Bear’s health is nice but the bigger issue is the damage scaling. At least with Fl4k you get get around the damage performance of the pets by utilizing the skills that increase Fl4k’s damage based on his health/where the enemies are targeting and for Zane the damage output of the clone is good (although its consistency isn’t the best) as for Iron Bear though, even if you go all out for skills for Iron Bear, the damage is still meh. I still believe all 3 “pet” types need damage better damage scaling but I’m sure that’s the part that is taking awhile to perfect. I’d rather it come out right rather than to be rushed out and with little to no improvement.

5 Likes

with this i can 100% say now that no one from gearbox is testing the game they just watch from the players that are outside from gearbox go in circle of slaughter mayhem 3 with 4 players call ur iron bear lets see if u can kill a single baddass before ur iron bear dies.

50 Likes