Borderlands 3 Hot Fixes [Updated 9/19/2019]

A hot fix is automatically applied at the Main Menu when Borderlands 3 is connected to the internet. In general, hot fixes are used to temporarily address issues between major updates. Hot fixes are not permanent – they are temporarily stored in memory during the game session and lost upon exiting Borderlands 3. To ensure that you receive hot fixes, make sure that your system is connected to the internet when Borderlands 3 boots up and hang out on the Menu screen for a minute.

Hot Fixes

September 19,2019

Today we released a small update to Borderlands 3 that fixes a number of reported bugs and implements some balance updates:

Bug Fixes

• Yellow paint has been added to Ambermire to mark a more obvious path to complete the Sabotage Crew Challenge.
  • The New-U Station in front of the Halcyon Suborbital Spaceport (used during the “Space-Laser Tag” Mission) in the Meridian Metroplex now has a larger activation range.
  • The New-U Station in front of Titan’s Gate (used during the “Atlas, At Last” Mission) in the Meridian Metroplex now has a larger activation range.
  • The first Guardian a player runs into during the “Beneath the Meridian” mission is no longer over-leveled.
  • The Eridian chest by the Grotto in the Jakob’s Estate is no longer invisible.

Balance Updates

• Eridium crystals in Voracious Canopy grow less frequently.
  • The amount of loot drops have been scaled down in Mayhem Mode.
  • Torgue shotgun sticky damage has been reduced.
  • E-Tech shotgun elemental damage has been reduced from “flesh off your bones” to “a lot”.
  • Chupacabratch dropped too much of his hard-earned loot.
  • Adjusted spawn rate of Loot Tinks in Mansion. They’re special again.
  • Removed pain-sounds from Troy for his boss fight.

Hotfixes are applied at the Game Menu when you start the game. To ensure that the hotfix has been applied, go to the in-game menu and see if “Updates are available” is showing.

We know players have enjoyed a lot of our unique items and might be worried about the changes to Mayhem Mode. Mayhem Mode will still greatly increase higher rarity drop rates across all the worlds in Borderlands 3. The changes made in Mayhem Mode today, specifically on Chupacabratch and Loot Tinks, were made to spread some of the glory of loot explosions to the other areas and other enemies to hunt. We want Vault Hunters to hunt for unique items across all the worlds. That is the core promise of Mayhem Mode. The targeted adjustments seek to keep the grind fresh while still retaining an increase to unique drops for all parts of the game. We will be closely monitoring the changes to make sure players are still enjoying all the unique gear in the game.

In between the larger patches that will continue to expand and improve the game—the first one of those coming next week—we’re able to make more minor adjustments via these hot fixes or ‘micropatches’ to improve and fine-tune your experience at a quicker pace. We’ll continue to roll out these incremental improvements while evaluating gameplay data and identifying necessary balance adjustments, and will be keeping record of all patches on our site.

We are hard at work investigating issues that have been reported, including performance concerns and potential major bugs. Hot fixes generally are used to make balance changes and are handled by the design team. Additional reported concerns may affect other teams which may require that changes are made in a true content patch/title update. Together the Borderlands 3 teams are working tirelessly to release various patches or updates as soon as possible, however, we didn’t want to wait on balance changes just for the sake of appearances.

We are aware that the above list of changes may not include all concerns that some players have reported experiencing, as detailed in the Borderlands 3 Troubleshooting and Optimization Guide. Thank you for your continued support.

49 Likes

So, if the main menu says “updates are available”, will they just deploy by themselves or do we have to do anything to actually download / apply the update?

10 Likes

Where do we find that menu to see if the update was applied in game?

5 Likes

So nothing for menu lag, randomly being thrown out of a map, vertical split, etc.? None of the real issues?

54 Likes

Hotfixes don’t require a download, just an active internet connection

1 Like

Is the One X going to be getting any love instead of looking worse than a base PS4? I would really like to know cause I would have to pick between Xbox or PC to purchase it. Hope you guys simply let me/us know if there is a related update to come and not ignore!
Thnx

4 Likes

Sticky nerf and loot amount reduced is nice.

But I still won’t play the game until I have the option to skip dialogue/cutscenes. I want to reroll into Amara but going through all the dialogue/cutscenes is too much.

31 Likes

can you guys nerf the anointed?

38 Likes

Is the One X going to be getting any love instead of looking worse than a base PS4? I would really like to know cause I would have to pick between Xbox or PC to purchase it. Hope you guys simply let me/us know if there is a related update to come and not ignore!
Thnx

3 Likes

Of all the flavors, you chose salt. At least they said something. Rather than be negative, you could contribute by being a Dev… Oh wait, you aren’t a Dev and seem to believe they have magic wands to fix the problem now.

Albeit, the game should not have released with the performance issues it has, but being salty when the let you know that they are doing something rather than radio silence is a bit pretentious don’t you think?

48 Likes

Per them thats not true…

1 Like

Need to address the buggy reviving in this game.
(having to look at the floor to revive a teammate, or crouching to revive a teammate, struggle to be aware of when a teammate is down.)
(flaks pets are super annoying, the get right in your loot so you cant see it, always blocking enemy targets so I cant see them, cant shoot through the pets, he also moves ypu when walking past you)

24 Likes

People don’t know the difference between Hotfix and Patch. They are working on a patch to fix performance and lag. Hotfix is something they can do instantly without the need for an official patch that needs QA and authorization.

21 Likes

They apply automatically at the Main Menu. If you see “updates are available” just hold tight on the main screen for a bit.

5 Likes

RIP loot tink farm… You shall be missed.

22 Likes

Hotfixes are quick to apply because they adjust data values and don’t require changes to the actual game code - you can see that in the nature of the fixes listed.

Updates (which require patching the actual game code) take longer to deploy because they must pass internal QA and then platform certification before being released.

The same methods were used in both BL2 and TPS.

10 Likes

Thanks for the update!

ETA on a performace patch and a fix to the “Negative Guardian Ranks” bug? Maybe a VH Balance patch? Show zane Undercover Tree some love maybe?

Keep up the good work, loving the game so far. =)

#ZaneGang

10 Likes

Hotfixes don’t touch performance, they usually only address nerfs, spawns, etc. That stuff will be in a hard patch that will come. Don’t be so quick to be salty.

5 Likes

Is this hotfix available across all platforms or just PC?

1 Like

Probably would be more excited for these if i could actually play this game with my wife, game is unenjoyable with low rates and no vertical split screen. Hopefully soon after these hot fixes they are able to put out an update to fix the real issues of this game.

12 Likes