Borderlands 3 Hot Fixes [Updated 9/19/2019]

Tbh I dont think theres enough bosses to go around. If you dont want 10 legendaries on 1 boss that is.

There are plenty of mini bosses / hunt / easter egg that drop uniques. Would be nice that they’d all have uniques in their loot pool. Though some do, some seems not.

Anyway, I’ve found out great farming routes in athenas/ skywell 27 for example. Opening every chests/ badasses ennemies/ Mobbing though, clearing all the map.
That’s a lot more enjoyable than before or just save and quit to kill Terra 11000 time to get a perfect hide. Beehawk sticked behind a rock… Well funny :no_mouth:

Though I like both raiding and mobbing, mobbing never felt that rewarding in BL2 That’s why I can understand the design point on BL3.
I really enjoy testing builds while doing those farming sesh to make my favourites weapons a good use.
Would be nice to have more than 2 U-stations in the Universe though.
I also love(d) raiding, legitimately. Not those Evil Smasher sessions. Nah. Just Big challenge. Long and intense fight and rewards. I missed that a bit in BL3. But content will come hopefully.

To people complaining about drop rate. Base game BL2 had definitely less content / bosses at the launch even less drop rate ! 1 Raid boss (vermi) . 1 Vault. With glitched loot pools. Mini bosses like Doc Mercy, that we all farmed HOURS while it was glitched, was such a nightmare.
We all farmed this guy hours for nothing until it was patched. Over 2000hours of BL2 and I still remember the first time I dropped an infinity. It was a world drop while killing Zafford clan.Afrer days of failing with Doc Mercy I literally screamed. I knew it was bugged. Joy happened because it was rare af. Rewarding.

Cobra in Beatdown was the most challenging farming challenge I’ve ever done. A curious mix of joy and frustration when I finally got it… Weapon sucked. But I made it happen somehow.

The idea about certain ennemies types that can drop very rare uniques is great iMO (when not buggy)

Drop rate is easy to hate. I remember struggling on BL2 to get the perfect gear for my builds… When Gearbox decided to boost drop rates x2 in their very last updates TPS and BL2. (Maybe trying to be more attractive or “fun” to new players that can only play 1 or 2 hours a day) anyway it destroyed my “reward feeling” to have struggle collecting all this good loot time consumed.

I liked it but couldn’t prevent myself to think : I lost hours farming at the old drop rate…

I hope they won’t mess up the drop rate drastically. Glad they fixed it actually.

I remember discussions about backpack/ bank storage back in the days. Gearbox told us that BL2 was not meant to collect EVERY single items of Pandora. “That’s why you replace guns. That’s why you don’t need more storage capacity” plus some software excuses.

That being said, the bunch of streamers/players that kept BL2 alive during the transition to BL3, were Farmers / loot addict. Collectors like I do.
It’s not people that “casually” go through 1 or 2 playthrough then quit.

Just check Community patch feature’s list and all the loot assignations it has got… It says it all !

Looking forward to seeing if season pass and events will improve the game even more ! We want invincibles ! …and patches.

I hear you. However, there is a large number of people who prefer killing monsters and getting world drops as they go. Kill what you want, not what you must in order to get loot. World drops was the best dicision the develpers made with BL3.

1 Like
  • Guardian token points are still bugged. Negative points gotta be fixed.
  • People are loosing legendaries in bank all the time.
  • Bad Optimization specially when you zoom out with your sniper weapons. I play on average 60 FPS. Suddenly drops to 30 fps.

See today’s update notes. Guardian rank fix is done and being deployed starting later today; more fixes are on the way as soon as possible.

A post was split to a new topic: PS4 Pro Reinitialization Problem

Only if the drop rates are good, otherwise the odds of getting an item you need are near zero.

What drop rate are we talking about?

Theres a difference between loads of legendaries on the floor and legendaries that you want

I have a problem everytime I kill an enemy it crashes my game or lag for long time, I think it’s bexause I’m over max guardian rank… that needs to be fix I cannot play at all

Of course you’re not always going to get the items you want. It’s random for a reason.

1 Like

That was the idea behind the higher rates. Still had to sort but more loot. I mean if you want just a legendary then it’s fine but specifics not so much

Definitely not that droprate… On mayhem 3 before the hotfiz I could clear an entire room of badasses and still never saw THAT many legendaries in a single area, and post hotfix I am lucky to see a single legendary in a 4 hour span

I shouldn’t have to play on Mayhem III just to get a drop. Certain areas I honestly just die on Mayhem III. They buffed the enemies so much, yet we only get buffed to a cap. So I sit there trying to fight off all these people and die constantly just so I can get some drops? Then I have to hope it is the items I am looking for? Which most of the time it never is, it’s just dumb. Even with “higher” drop rates it’s just dumb. Two weeks in and I am losing interest honestly. The only thing to do is either farm, or play TVHM which is just playing again. It’s just getting dumb farming all the time and switching between random loot pools hoping you get something you are looking for, just to end up getting the same crap over and over.

Just going to drop this here:

So more hotfix changes as of today (Friday 27th Sept.)

1 Like

What you say is quite true but there are at least two where that excuse doesn’t fly. They got missed due to automated testing and not being really okay tested. Ie the splitscreen choppiness and the bank wiping.

Thats not true. It’s not “random”. Random would be if everything has the same chance to drop but that is not true for the current loot. I once had a proving ground with 300 legendarys on the floor (I just didn’t pick them up and restarted the quest a lot)

They only dropped the most boring useless legendarys over and over and over, same with loot tinks btw.
Also forget about annoited gear. Good luck getting a weapon you want with annoited stat. Not gonna happen. An annoited Lyuda? Good luck getting that.

Guns like the Lyuda, Nighthawking, Butcher, Flakker drop a lot lot lot less than like Woodblocker.

Thats is why we have the situation where people say “LOOK SO MUCH LOOT WAY TOO MUCH” and others say “YES BUT ITS CRAP”. It’s basically the same like Diablo 3 was at some point and it made me stop playing it.

If they reduce legendary drops even more than I can just stop playing the video game, legendarys will drop but they will be ■■■■ and some builds will only word if you have for example “Annoited Annexed Ferocious Lyuda”

1 Like

I have gotten so many duplicates of literally the same thing. I sold off an annointed hellwalker because I had 2 with the exact same stats and same annointed perk… and I still don’t have things I am actually looking for… particularly class mods and grenade mods

I think the hellwalker is fixed parts or something because the only difference I’ve gotten was annointments

1 Like

ah that might make sense… I am.just tired of seeing 5-6 of the same guns while others are nowhere in sight… I can tell they balanced legendaries to drop more again, but can’t farm classmods offline and can’t really farm for them online with the current droprates and everything is world drop.