Borderlands 3 Hotfix [01/09/2020]

Today we will release a hotfix for Borderlands 3, which will be live on PlayStation®4, Xbox One, and PC by 3:00 PM PST. This hotfix addresses various concerns reported by the community. To apply hotfixes, wait at the main menu until you see a sign appear! If you are experiencing any issues or want to provide feedback, please submit a ticket to support.2k.com.

• Addressed a reported concern that FL4K’s Furious Attack was sometimes not applying bonuses to pet damage as expected
  • Addressed a reported concern that Rakkcelerate was sometimes not applying the cooldown modifier as stated on the skill’s description
  • Addressed a reported concern that Cheap Tip’s total weapon shield capacity was sometimes not appearing in the tooltip on the item card
  • Addressed a reported concern that The Arbalest of Discipline was sometimes spawning with just shields

Anointed Enforcer

We found an issue where Anointed Enforcer’s immunity abilities would sometimes cause them to be more difficult than intended. We have lowered their health temporarily as we investigate further and find a permanent solution.

• Temporarily lowered the health on Anointed Enforcer

Takedown at the Maliwan Blacksite

Thank you everyone for your patience as we work on the scaled Takedown at the Maliwan Blacksite event. We were unable to bring it to you during New Years, but we are looking to start the event next week!

From January 16 to January 30, you’ll be able to look forward to a slightly easier Takedown as you aim to grab as much of that loot as you can! If you’ve wanted to experience Takedown at the Maliwan Blacksite but were having a hard time making progress or finding a party, this is the perfect opportunity to jump in and wreak havoc on Maliwan’s most elite soldiers and robots. After January 30, we’re bringing the event back up to its intended difficulty level.

29 Likes

Yo thanks for the info. Glad to see the team is back at it! Looking forward to new content updates!

Can you please consider making the scaling to party size permanent tho, or at lease put difficulty sliders on so that players can choose to do 4 player or team size difficulty? It’s a pretty big event for me and my friend, but we don’t have other people we play with and will never really add others to get it. While I’m sure your dev team thinks the temp thing is a cool idea, it comes across as exclusionary to players who maybe don’t play with others. It’s also concerning because it tells us you plan to release more content we won’t be able to play because it won’t scale with us. Just asking you to pass that feedback along to the decision makers.

51 Likes

Really wish we could have this permanent after the event! :pray:

27 Likes

I got the solution for the anointed Enforcers: remove them from the game. :laughing:

Glad they’re finally getting addressed, terrible enemy that I usually just run past.

And I agree with others, Takedown scaling should be permanent.

24 Likes

@Noelle_GBX any news about unobtainable customization items in the game? When we can expect a fix or unlock?

12 Likes

Im guessing these are Militants in tvhm?

1 Like

Yep the Militants have been adjusted!

5 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

14 Likes

Not what i was hoping for, but the anointed nerf is very welcome.

8 Likes

Thanks for the update but I disagree with a lot of people I’m glad we’re having an event but I have no trouble with the takedown and I use it to test builds to see how viable the are in the hardest content. I hope to see more events like this but I do not want this as a permanent fixture and you should not do future content that way. People should work on their builds and acquire better gear instead of asking for the game to be easier

8 Likes

What’s hilarious to me about that quote is that the quote make it sound like GBX was completely oblivious to the existence of the bug and then just recently and suddenly “found” it instead of the fact that the forum community has been screaming bloody murder about the issue from day 1. Because if it’s true that they were truly unaware it suggests that they aren’t reading the forums at all.

23 Likes

Takedown scaling or not, the droprates are bad. 70+ kills on Mayhem 4 and only 1 anointed Kybs Worth during this entire time.
Please check droprate values, there has to be a mistake.

EDIT : Forgot to mention - those are 70 kills of the bottom half of Wotan. Lost count how many times the top part has glitched out after splitting, became invisible/unkillable. The actual confirmed takedowns I’ve done is way less than 70.

19 Likes

Thanks @Noelle_GBX!
Happy New Year’s to you and the rest of the team!

5 Likes

@Noelle_GBX First off, welcome back!
Hope you and the team had a nice holiday break! :slightly_smiling_face:

A few things.

1. Can we get a new game-wide roadmap? I believe the previous roadmap only covered up to the release of the Moxxi DLC.
  2. What’s coming down the road in regards to character rebalances and bug fixes? While guardian ranks are back on, it seems like some of the perks are still broken (for instance, the one that is supposed to improve your shield recharge actually makes it worse). Also, still trying to find out if it’s intentional that putting 3 or more points into thin-red-line breaks Tenacious Defense, and Recharger and Stop Gap shields on Moze (I tried opening a 2k ticket and it got closed without ever receiving a response).
  3. To that end, will there be a full patch this month or will it be next month?

Thank you!

18 Likes

100 % this. I am excited for the difficulty change but dedicated loot drops are bad. No chance for dedicated loot with a good anointment.

13 Likes

How about the problems (at least on Xbox) joining multiplayer games only to have character frozen\fall through the map?

Fast travel doesn’t fix it, so you are forced to quit.

3 Likes

I know this probably sounds totally pissed even if that isn’t my intend at all but do I see that right that after delaying it you aren’t even extending the time and now it’s even 2-3 days less?

Initiately It was from 31 till 16 or not? Now it is from 16-30th.

4 Likes

That’s Topped Off and it works fine. You’re thinking of Emergency Response (faster shield recharge when health is lower). It’s bugged and makes your shield recharge slower the lower your health is.

12 Likes

I agree the takedown at the maliwan Blacksite should be permanent, don’t change it back after the 30th.

6 Likes

Anointed Enforcers? What about the Militants? (Edit: Didn’t realize they are the same. NVHM vs TVHM).

Also obligatory moaning about the splitscreen text size and menu lag.

Overall great hotfix. Keep doing what your doing!

3 Likes