Borderlands 3 Hotfix [01/23/2020]

Today we will release a hotfix for Borderlands 3, which will be live on PlayStation®4, Xbox One, and PC by 3:00 PM PST. This hotfix addresses various concerns reported by the community and some perceived progression blockers! To apply hotfixes, wait at the main menu until you see a sign that says “Hotfixes Applied”! If you are experiencing any issues or want to provide feedback, please submit a ticket to support.2k.com.

• Updated a texture for the Incendiary Badass and Super Badass Varkid
  • Adjusted the chest rewards at the end of the Proving Grounds to be more rewarding at all tiers of completion

With more players running the Proving Grounds for dedicated loot drops from the bosses, we noticed the chests not rewarding players as much as we intended. We’ve boosted these chests to reflect the effort players must take to complete the objectives. Completing all of the objectives gives the best legendary drop rate and scales down accordingly.

• Increased bonus radiation damage while Gamma Burst is active from 65% to 115%

We’re happy to see the response to the boosted anointment bonuses we released last week. After additional testing, we want to also boost the effects of Gamma Burst anointments for FL4K.

• Addressed a perceived progression blocker that could occur when the player travels to another map and back to Sanctuary after releasing Tannis during the mission “Sanctuary”
  • Addressed a perceived progression blocker where players could not speak to Brick during the mission “Hammerlocked” in The Anvil
  • Addressed a perceived progression blocker where Ember would sometimes not appear to assist the players in various mission steps
30 Likes

Okay.

4 Likes

E referente a split screen vertical?

6 Likes

We’re still looking into it, but don’t have anything to share at this time on it. :frowning:

8 Likes

Oh hell yes

8 Likes

Since I really enjoy Proving Grounds, I have to say :+1: :+1:

12 Likes

I’m sooooo taking credit for this! :grin:

Because of this (it’s in the 4th paragraph) …

You are welcome everybody!

If we are lucky they’ll continue implementing more of my ideas going forward :grin:

GLHF!

5 Likes

This would be the only complication I have with the game, because I play cooperatively since the first one, and it made me play the games in the franchise, think about this improvement, thank you and good work

When the next major patch coming out?

4 Likes

Yeah, was excited to be able to get that in this hotfix!

5 Likes

One question, is it more difficult to make a vertical split screen or increase the horizontal icons?

2 Likes

Because the problems I see in the coop:

Problems with the size of icons.

Problem identifying your mate.

Lag in battles.

And the icon disappears a few times for the companion.

4 Likes

:heart_eyes:

2 Likes

@Noelle_GBX

2 Likes

I was hoping for news on the next seasonal event or takedown, or to finally be able to access the locked areas in Ascension Bluff and Devil’s Razor, it’s been kinda quiet lately. But I’m happy about the Gamma Burst annointment buff and Proving Grounds reward adjustments! :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Noelle_GBX

Since you guys are buffing anointments to be in line, is their any plans for class mod buffs

6 Likes

Noelle,

Really excited about the chest upgrades in the proving grounds.
Great news.

While we’re here, I have a few questions I’m hoping you can help with:

1. Can we get a new game-wide roadmap? I believe the previous roadmap only covered up to the release of the Moxxi DLC.
  2. What’s coming down the road in regards to character rebalances and bug fixes? While guardian ranks are back on, it seems like some of the perks are still broken (for instance, the one that is supposed to improve your shield recharge actually makes it worse). Also, several Moze DW and BM skills seem to be producing much more inconsistent results.
  3. Can you ask the devs if it’s intentional that putting 3 or more points into thin-red-line breaks Tenacious Defense, and Recharger and Stop Gap shields on Moze (I tried opening a 2k ticket and it got closed without ever receiving a response).
  4. Lastly, when will the next full patch release? This month or next month or later?

Thank you!

1 Like

We’re aware of these issues and are looking into addressing them!

1 Like

Woohoo!!

What a great time to be alive!

I am so glad I got my gamma burst anointed stuff and kept it :slight_smile:

1 Like

noelle,

last patch gearbox buffed some annointments including zane, but i am seeing that the annointment: while sntl is active gain 50% of damage as cryo damage. that was buffed to 100% is now back to 50% again.
has the change been reverted or is this a bug?

1 Like