Borderlands 3 Hotfix [01/30/2020] - Rare Chest Riches Event

Today we will release a hotfix for Borderlands 3, which will be live on PlayStation®4, Xbox One, and PC by 3:00 PM PST. This hotfix activates the Rare Chest Riches event, addresses drop rates, and implements permanent scaling for Takedown at the Maliwan Blacksite! To apply hotfixes, wait at the main menu until you see a sign that says “Hotfixes Applied”! If these hotfixes are not applied, you will not benefit from the changes! If you are experiencing any issues or want to provide feedback, please submit a ticket to support.2k.com.

• Activate the Rare Chest Riches event, running until February 13
  • Increased the chance to receive Legendary loot from red car truck chests
  • Addressed a reported issue that the player could sometimes rise into the sky with the cannon during the “One Man’s Treasure” mission in Moxxi’s Heist of The Handsome Jackpot

TRUE TAKEDOWN MODE

We’ve been looking at the feedback we received during the Scaling Event for Takedown at the Maliwan Blacksite and have decided to make this Scaled event permanent starting today.

In a February update, we will include a new switch to re-enable what we call True Takedown Mode . True Takedown Mode will restore the Takedown to the 4-player experience that it launched with for extra difficulty. Once implemented, a lever activating True Takedown Mode will be located on the right side of the door leading out of the airlock at the beginning of the map.

RARE SPAWNS AND DROP RATES

Once the Farming Frenzy event is over, we are implementing a permanent change to the Rare Spawns and Drop Rates. After analyzing play patterns, we are permanently increasing the spawn rate for these enemies and have buffed their drop rates and their Anointed chance to be on par with bosses.

RARE CHEST RICHES EVENT

When the hotfixes roll out today before 3:00 PM PST, a new event will be activated! During the Rare Chest Riches Event, which runs until February 13 at 8:59am PST, all Rare Chests will drop rare loot at an increased rate, so you’re more likely to receive Legendary items any time you open one. This increased drop rate will also apply when you watch a Twitch streamer open a Rare Chest, assuming both of you have the ECHOcast Twitch Extensionenabled. Any rewards you score while watching streamers will be waiting for you in your in-game mailbox the next time you play Borderlands 3. In case you haven’t done so already, click here for a step-by-step guide to linking your SHiFT and Twitch accounts so you can receive ECHOcast rewards. The Rare Chest Riches event will also apply to the Stadia version of Borderlands 3.

57 Likes

@Noelle_GBX Please pass the following sentiment along from me to the team(s) that put this hotfix together; well done!

32 Likes

I like what I see here. Keep the good work.

16 Likes

Passing along! :slight_smile:

14 Likes

Thanks for listening to the fan base !!! Bravo

12 Likes

When is next borderlands show? In the last one was said that next gonna be at 21st January 2020… It’s 30th and no info…

3 Likes

Thank you Gearbox!! You all continue to up your game!! Keep up the great you all doing!!!

5 Likes

Good hotfix. Thank you. Any word on when our raid boss wakes up from it’s “sleep”?

4 Likes

So essentially droprates and spawns stay as is?? Nice!!!

2 Likes

Glad to see rare spawns & drop rates are getting a buff.

Excited to finally dive back into Takedown once that update hits in February! Any news on whether it’s the first half or later half of the month?

1 Like

@Noelle_GBX Thank yall for listening!!!

5 Likes

Does this mean increased loot relative to the event that’s ending, or being on par with the event?

5 Likes

Is the loot like legendaries and dedicated ones got an increase or is it world drops?

I like the love and effort being put in the game but it’s heartbreaking to keep seeing Woodblockers and other huge pile of legendaries. I do love the annointeds but I wish it blocks out other VH annointed if I using a VH that suppose to tie to their annointed or universal annointed

4 Likes

Good stuff indeed, and the news about the lever is pretty great! Loving it! Thnx

3 Likes

Thanks for making this compromise. Tbh the takedown kinda got boring after the scaling for me.

4 Likes

You guys rock! Thanks for the great support love to everyone in the company!

3 Likes

Curious about this as well. Are the boss drop rates going back to pre-event and rare spawns getting buffed to that level? Or are the drop rates from the Frenzy staying? The hotfix wording is a little vague.

4 Likes

Nothing but happiness from today’s hotfix. Thank you guys :purple_heart: :purple_heart: :purple_heart:

4 Likes

Holy sh*t that is a hell of a hotfix.

Thank you for listening, and for giving us the ability to choose how to tackle TD, if we so desire. This will help immensely whenever I want to test WIP builds on difficult playgrounds.

Also, good job on the rare spawns, I hope that the buff will be sizeable; I’ve basically always avoided farming them out of frustration after my first tries.
@Noelle_GBX tell everyone that I love them.

5 Likes

@Noelle_GBX

Side note … shouldn’t this be in the borderlands 3 news group instead of gearbox news? I don’t think a lot of people watch this group.

1 Like