Borderlands 3 - Hotfix [02/11/2021] - Broken Hearts Day 2021

Today in Borderlands 3 marks the beginning of the Broken Hearts Day event! This event is returning from last year with new rewards for you to grab. It will be live on all platforms by 12:00 PM PT. To apply hotfixes, wait at the main menu until you see a sign that reads, “Hotfixes Applied!” If you are experiencing any issues or want to provide feedback, please submit a ticket to support.2k.com.

The Gear Rush mini-event in Arms Race will end at 8:59 AM PT with today’s hotfix.

• Activates Broken Hearts Day 2021 until February 25 at 8:59 AM PT!

Aid Maurice the Sentient Saurian by breaking all the hearts you see! He’ll reward you with new colored cosmetics and max level Broken Hearts Day weapons!

GEAR ADJUSTMENTS

Hail

• Increased weapon damage

Crit

• Lowered the chance that the weapon would drop on reload

Bouncing Pair Grenade Mod

• Increased damage

Kaoson

Garcia

• Updated weapon to fire correctly in multiplayer. Players will notice that the weapon will now only fire two shots before reloading in both solo and co-op

Impaler

• Increased damage dealt

Void Rift

• Increased Spike damage
  • Increased Black Hole singularity damage

Black Hole

• Increased damage dealt
12 Likes

Happy about the Garcia and Kaoson buffs and cant wait for my 65 wedding invitation.

1 Like

This is my favorite weapon in the game so I like this change, but how about removing the nerfed crit and accuracy? It doesn’t feel like Dahl weapon anymore.

And as other note, will Wedding Invitation and Polyaimourous be able to spawn with new anointments like 300/90 or URad?

12 Likes

Are you guys sure about this? It was already capable of 60+M if built around :sweat_smile:

Interesting, so we’re buffing unique weapons now. I like this. Particularly happy with the Void Rift buff, as I’ve always wanted it to be good. Will the Wedding Invitation and Polyaimorous be able to keep up with the M10/11 shenanigans? I’m not sure…

1 Like

The Hail could be interesting if the damage increase is enough. It still has life steal, right?

2 Likes

Yes, 3% life steal for the Hail and 5% for the Crit. Alongside the Heartbreaker, Slow Hand and Creamer, we might have a good collection of Moxxi weapons in the game now. Cheap Tips is technically a Moxxi weapon, but it doesn’t have life steal.

3 Likes

Wow, how do you do that?

Rakk Attack build with all splash bonuses, ASS Void Rift, 60M is against armored foes. Flesh usually hits around 30-40M

Side note, it also pulls barrels towards you

3 Likes

@damien_hine You can do nova spams with Fl4k or Zane in a Rakk or MNTIS build. Add splash, AOE, and cryo passives.

EDIT: Sorry @vCarpeDiemv, jinx

2 Likes

Nice.

Just give its former accuracy and handling back please :sob::sob::sob: bring it to how it was when Mayhem 2.0 came out.

No Polyaimorous or WE buff ? Bummer.

Thanks for the hotfix

3 Likes

Gonna be honest, I think that’s pretty much the opposite of what everyone wanted to happen with that weapon.

The Garcia was much more fun to use when it didn’t have the weird pump action firing thing going on.

Edit: Provided that I’m understanding this change right. So correct me if I’m wrong, but this means that the change to convert the Garcia to a pump-action weapon last year was intentional, that this change didn’t apply in multiplayer and that it does nowm right?

5 Likes

Agreed, this is what I miss the most. Landing a bunch of pinpoint explody crits was so satisfying.

4 Likes

Yes! My main saurian Maurice is back in action! “Yes! You are the heartbreaker and I am the hearttaker! They go in the bag…”

And the Kaosian is getting a buff? Nice!

1 Like

Also, :heart: Maurice. Ya’ll need to give him some more missions to serve up beyond what he’s got now. :smiley:

1 Like

I love item buffs but we need alot more imo. So many quest rewards and unique items are useless and need massive buffs.
I’m pretty sure the Agonizer 1500 hasn’t been touched since M10 along with hundreds of others. I hope they just start from the top and adjust each item so it can function properly at M10-11.

Pre-buff Void Rift shenanigans

Post-buff Void Rift shenanigans

Note, in first screenshot damage to Freddie was flesh bar, second screenshot was shield(-50%).

4 Likes

I’m super hoping he’s in charge of handing out the Vault Card events with the new DLC. That would be soooo goooood.

3 Likes

Heartbreaker and Slow Hand are both extremely good after they buffed the lifesteal on both. Think it’s 30 and 50% lifesteal respectively now? For Moze running Bloodletter just 1 shot from Slow Hand can heal 200k shields instantly so it’s basically impossible to go down while shooting if shield cap is high enough.

1 Like