Borderlands 3 Hotfix [02/27/2020]

Today we will release a hotfix for Borderlands 3, which will be live on all platforms by 12:00 PM PST. This hotfix addresses concerns reported by the community. To apply hotfixes, wait at the main menu until you see a sign that says “Hotfixes Applied”! If you are experiencing any issues or want to provide feedback, please submit a ticket to support.2k.com.

• Addressed a reported concern that players were sometimes able to bypass Trudy’s spawn trigger during “Kill KillaVolt”
  • Addressed a perceived progression blocker during “All Bets Off” where enemies that were dropped in from a drop pod would sometimes not appear when the player left and returned to the area
  • Included a stopgap fix to prevent a reported blocker due to enemies sometimes becoming stuck in unreachable locations in Cistern of Slaughter

This will be addressed further in a future patch, along with a change to Brood Mother’s spawn conditions.

• Addressed a reported concern that the “Should’ve Cashed Out” challenge was sometimes not progressing when killing Looters in the DLC area
  • Adjusted Billy the Anointed’s behaviors so that they would not teleport as often during a fight, and increased the chance for them to drop Lead Sprinkler
  • Addressed a reported concern that players could sometimes get stuck on top of a row of slot machines inside the second VIP room at Beggar’s Berth

Weapons

DAHL

• Increased damage of all DAHL Assault Rifles by 35%

The Lob

• Increased Magazine Size from 4 to 12
  • Greatly increased damage per tick
  • Now fires a burst shot of 3 magical orbs instead of 1

Woodblocker

• Increased Critical Hit Damage by 100%
  • Slightly reduced Vertical Recoil

Malak’s Bane

• Greatly increased damage
  • Reduced shotgun ammo cost from 4 to 2

Ruby’s Wrath

• Greatly increased damage
  • Greatly reduced the Cooldown of Singularity Grenade
48 Likes

I’m liking the buffs!

6 Likes

Wow awesome news! I see a new, shiny Barrage in my future.

Thx GBX!

6 Likes

Cool buffs to probably the three most maligned weapons in the game. I’ve always made it a little game to lob Lobs off the nearest cliff but I’ll save the next one that drops to check it out. :wink:

10 Likes

OMG!! Gotta farm those elusive legendary’s now!

2 Likes

A lot of underpowered guns in the game needs a buff. That’s a start.

9 Likes

Very nice…

9 Likes

Cool. Now I might try out that lob, malok’s bane, and woodblocker if it drops the right anointment. Please buff more underperforming weapons GBX.

3 Likes

What about ASMD sniper?

3 Likes

Goshdarn, those buffs. They’re hefty, and all to underused Legendaries. Very nice.

4 Likes

I’m liking those changes. Specifically the one for the Malak’s Bane sounds nice, the extreme ammo consumption during shotgun mode has always been the main issue.
The Lob change also sounds good, maybe this’ll actually make the weapon viable.

Finally, its time to dust off my stockpile of DHAL assault rifles!

3 Likes

Sweet! I’ve been using Dahl AR’s a surprising amount - there’s a couple in my inventory where the two-stage zoom has been really handy, and now they’re just going to be that much better!

Also, nice to see the temporary fix on the Cistern.

4 Likes

I am working on a Dahl only Moze build, so thank you so much for this. I appreciate it A LOT.

@Noelle_GBX Can we have a number to understand how much “greatly” is?

Thx again for giving me an excuse to try this type of weapons.

4 Likes

The Cistern of Slaughter fix is great news, it’s so frustrating to farm Tremendous Rex because of the stuck rakks.

And the weapons buffs look really good! I want to try the Malak’s Bane and Lob.

PS: the problem with the Malak’s Bane is that Alien Barrel Snipers underperform in general, It would have been better to buff them in general instead of buffing the weapon, but still a step in the right direction.

1 Like

We’re taking a look at how each of the legendary weapons are performing. :slight_smile:

17 Likes

Nice buff on these weapons. I’m glad I have all of these anointed in my stash. I’m more interested in the Lob and Ruby’s Wrath buffs. The Cistern fix is great.

1 Like

Only see value in buffing the DAHL ARs. Buffs to BS weapons is just a lazy way to admit that they are BS weapons. Now you’re trying to make them viable. Smh

Why not buff weapons people WANT to use but don’t bcuz they’re too weak?

Example? The Sleeping Giant is a pretty good SMG . Has a very fun ability too but it’s super weak.

holy crap my Ruby’s Wrath on moze will go from “pretty good at mobbing” to insane now.

These are good buffs.

1 Like

I dont like this increased drop. Prior to the Farm Frenzy I got multiple Sprinklers from Billy already. Was is that low chance that it needed a drop rate buff? I’d prefer if we just buff Raging Bear more.

3 Likes