Everyone is loving the weapon buffs and I am here unable to play.
General * Addressed a reported concern that was causing Typhon to sometimes be a potential blocker in “Shadow of Starlight”
Hello, I am typing this out here to let you know all that I have tried and what happened for me. I submitted a support ticket but I could not type everything due to the character limit.
The bug has occurred for me on 03/14/20, after the hotfix.
At first, Typhon would not move after he reaches the Eden-6 platform and now he has reverted to a previous position, to the room where you activate a lever and several platforms grow out the ground. His audio still triggers every time you progress past the platforms and Tyreen spawns waves of bandits but there is no way to force Typhon past the room after the raised platforms. If you down yourself near the bandits and Typhon is close enough to raise you he will but then runs back to were he stopped after tricking him up the platforms. The quest description says to follow Typhon but it is already marked as completed.
What I have tried:
- Died and respawned.
- Switch characters.
- Jumped off the edges for instant death.
- Joined multiplayer game and completed the quest, returned to my game and it reverts to the previous “Follow Typhon” and marked completed. Two separate games.
- Joined a game where I completed the final mission with them, it still did not allow me to pass my stuck position.
- Downed myself, Typhon will jump up the platforms to raise me but will not progress past the next room.
- Created a new character and later switched back.
- Returned to Sanctuary and completed quests.
- Deleted all files and re-installed.
- Played on-line and off-line.
- Traveled to other planets via the map and through the ship interface.
This has occurred on the first game mode so I am not able to reset the quests like in true vault hunter mode. Other comments from 5+ months ago say that by completing the quest in someone else’s game it should progress yours, but I am still stuck after doing so.
At the moment I am level 40 with 24+ hours of game time.
A couple of ideas for fixes:
- Allow us to reset the quests on normal vault hunter mode, the characters would be overpowered but it would allow us to keep 20-30 hours of playtime.
- Have the platforms accept the keys without having Typhon follow us, so it triggers the next phase.
- Allow us to reset the main quest manually through the in-game menu quest selection.
Edit: I am on the original PS4, I believe the model that was 3 years after launch, before the slim/pros came out. I did state I was on the original PS4 with the support ticket. All system updates have been completed and I have even formatted and cleaned up the system. The game is stored on an extended device (8 TB external hard-drive) but I have also stored the game onto the main system to no avail.