Borderlands 3 Hotfix [03/19/2020]

Today we will release a hotfix for Borderlands 3, which will be live on all platforms by 12:00 PM PST. This hotfix addresses concerns reported by the community. To apply hotfixes, wait at the main menu until you see a sign that says “Hotfixes Applied”! If you are experiencing any issues or want to provide feedback, please submit a ticket to support.2k.com.

• Addressed a potential progression blocker from Typhon during “In the Shadow of Starlight”
  • Addressed a reported concern that the Siren’s Fist Over Matter skill was sometimes not working as intended if it was not in the hosts’ view
  • Adjusted the collision at the stairs in Quietus Pike to prevent players from sometimes sinking into the ground after destroying the second vine door
  • Changed the Operative’s Cool Hand skill description to show the correct values
  • Addressed a reported concern that Tyreen would occasionally re-appear after the cutscene during “The Great Vault"
27 Likes

Thanks for still putting in the effort at these times. We wholeheartedly support you and cheer you on. If updates and hotfixes slow down over the coming months, we will fully understand. Your wellbeing comes first.

14 Likes

Nice calm before the storm hotfix. Can’t wait until next week

4 Likes

I see you had a spellchecker at home :wink:

1 Like

It must be the lack of distractions. :stuck_out_tongue:

10 Likes

It would be cool if that’s the case. I was assuming these hectic times were making it harder to work.

Haha, I must put in more effort

2 Likes

I’m a bit surprised we didn’t get a full-on update today preparing the content required for the upcoming Wedding dlc. It was the case with the Handsome Jackpot DLC right? Unrelatedly, I was also hoping the Boom Sickle would be fixed to the correct values.

Looking forward to next week regardless.

2 Likes

Thank you for these timely patches! Still hoping for more optimization patches as my game’s running into many crashes lately, thank you and the team for all that you do even during these stressful times. Truly do appreciate it!

2 Likes

I imagine WFH has had an impact as well

Is it displaying wrong info on the card?

Instead of getting the fire rate fixed to match the regular sickle, they applied the damage buff a second time. It is doing ludicrous amounts of damage per shot.

I can only assume there is an issue with the “Boom” part itself that requires more than a hotfix to fix.

Ah, ok. It’s fine where it is IMO.

Sounds like it! We’ll have the patch going out at the same time as the DLC this time around.

7 Likes

We are continuing to work on performance updates for Borderlands 3. Unfortunately, those are not something that we can address in hotfixes.

5 Likes

Yup, I’d wait to see what horrors are unleashed upon us next week before complaining that a weapon is doing too much damage. :rofl:

@Noelle_GBX Forumite expectations will be rising during the week but I trust the majority will be understanding if there needs to be any delays. Way more value in taking time needed to get anything out smoothly imo.

2 Likes

Noelle_GBX,

With all due respect this game has been out since September and those of us with an Xbox 1 X are no farther than we were on day one regarding crashes and performance issues. Nor have we been given any information whether it is even being addressed or not.

6 Likes

We are aware of this, and are still looking into it!

3 Likes

Damn, I hoped to see more balance things today, like reducing Boom Sickle damage and buffing other weak ass weapons.

3 Likes

Can we get any hints on any that may be in next weeks patch? (long shot but hey)