Borderlands 3 Hotfix [04/02/20]

Today we will release a hotfix for Borderlands 3, which will be live on all platforms by 12:00 PM PST. This hotfix begins two new events, Slot Machine Mania and Trials Take-All, and includes some buffs to the Gunner, weapons balance, and addressing reported community concerns. To apply hotfixes, wait at the main menu until you see a sign that says “Hotfixes Applied”! If you are experiencing any issues or want to provide feedback, please submit a ticket to support.2k.com.

The Door Busters and Takedown Shakedown mini event ends at 9:00 AM PST today.

We also are excited to start two new events: Slot Machine Mania and Trials Take-All! They’ll go live with the hotfix today!

Slot Machine Mania pays out big time! There’s an increased chance to win Legendary gear from Slot Machines, and for grenades to spawn (because who doesn’t like a little risk?). There’s still a chance for other loot to drop, but the rate has been reduced so you can win Legendaries (and take damage)!

Trials Take-All boosts the rewards awarded during the Proving Ground Trials. Bosses will have a 100% chance to drop loot from their pools during the event.

• Activate Slot Machine Mania mini-event until 9:00 AM PT on April 9
  • Activate Trials Take-All mini-event until 9:00 AM PT on April 9
  • Adjusted the Pearl of Ineffable Knowledge Artifact to do +90% damage and updated the item description to show the correct value
  • Addressed a reported concern that the Siren’s Stone class mod was sometimes increasing damage taken, instead of decreasing damage taken

ADJUSTMENTS FOR MOZE, THE GUNNER:

We have been taking a closer at Moze the last few weeks. Here at the first set of hotfixes based on those investigations, primarily focused on improving her survivability. We will be further addressing some areas we identified as trouble spots for her in the future.

• Reduced the cooldown time for Iron Bear
  • Increased the amount of fuel for Iron Bear
  • Increased the bonus on “Behind the Iron Curtain” skill
  • Increased the bonus on “Security Bear” skill
  • Increased the bonus on “Experimental Munitions” skill

WEAPON BALANCE:

Damned

• Increased weapon damage

Hyperion Weapon Shields

• Increased the amount of damage weapon shields absorb

The Lob

• Increased Fire Rate
  • Reduced projectiles from 3 to 1

Tiggs Boom

• Increased damage from the Starfall meteors

Moonfire

• Increased Critical Damage Bonus

Good Juju

• Non-critical hits now increase Critical Damage Bonus by 20%. This bonus stacks 25 times and is removed upon manual reload.

April 3rd, 2020
We just deployed a hotfix that should help with the crashing that some players were reported experiencing with the R4KK P4k class mod.

37 Likes

Holy crap! This sounds awsome :exploding_head:

4 Likes

Has looking into Tiny Text and other Split screen issues revealed any possible fixes?

4 Likes

Thought the lob would be too good to last. FFS!

4 Likes

We don’t have anything new to share on this at this time.

1 Like

All sounds pretty good. Of course they were going to nerf the Lob. Love the new events! Gonna be playing the Proving Grounds for the first time in a long time. And… this sounds like a buff to the Pearl of Ineffable Knowledge?

1 Like

What does this mean?

Looks like some good stuff. Any update on the hunting achievement for the Wedding DLC? It’s the only achievement I’m missing and I’ve killed the creatures but no progress has been made. I have people on my list that have killed them but missions still aren’t appearing. @Noelle_GBX

4 Likes

Finally, it’s time to farm some class mods.

5 Likes

Awesome…

1 Like

For how much extra you have to do to farm them, and the frequency with which they drop with the right skills and stats, 100% sounds reasonable to me. Hopefully they can keep this up longer than a week.

8 Likes

oh my god i hope those trial buffs are permanent. and a reason to get my moze to 57!

those moze and weapon buffs sound so good, that good juju tho sounds like itll be great for fl4k and moze :eyes: now thats what i like to see

5 Likes

25 body shots will give you 500% crit damage until reload.

3 Likes

It says MANUAL reload if I’m not mistaken. Not automatic reload.

4 Likes

No fixes for FL4K. Seems about right.

6 Likes

Hey the mod you released for Fl4k is really bad pets don’t do enough damage for it to do anything and dominance is still a bad skill. If your objective is to create powerfully horrible mods you’ve succeeded because it is Fl4k’s worse mod just thought you guys should know.

Good update tho.

13 Likes

It says doorbusters event ends.
What about takedown shakedown?

4 Likes

TBH itd be fine if they gave 100% chance to drop two class mods at the same time. theres just too many layers of rng on the mods

4 Likes

It was supposed to end today as well, but wouldn’t it be nice if it didn’t? :pray:

3 Likes

Yeah, I noticed that. I’m guessing it’s just a mistake since they said it would finish today.