Today we will release a hotfix for Borderlands 3, which will be live on all platforms by 12:00 PM PST. In this week’s hotfixes, Loot the Universe starts on Promethea, and we address drop rates in Mayhem Mode and concerns reported by the community. To apply hotfixes, wait at the main menu until you see a sign that says “Hotfixes Applied”!
Thank you to everyone who has already jumped into Revenge of the Cartels and experimented with Mayhem 2.0! We’ve been closely monitoring feedback and are aware of some stability issues and concerns as a result of the April 23 patch. Since then, we’ve released additional hotfixes to temporarily disable two resource-intensive Mayhem Modifiers, Boundary Issues and Drone Ranger, and have already seen substantial improvements to performance and stability. We are continuing to focus our efforts on addressing your concerns. Today’s adjustments to drop rates and Anointment rates are another step toward incorporating community feedback. If you are experiencing any issues or want to provide additional feedback, please submit a ticket to support.2k.com.
The Co-Op Loot Drop ends today at 9:00 AM PT!
The Loot the Universe mini-event is moving across the galaxy to Promethea! Jump onto the planet until May 7 at 9:00 AM PT, when it changes to Eden-6.
- Adjusted the drop rate for Legendary items in Mayhem Mode
- Adjusted the drop rates for Anointed gear in Mayhem Mode
- Activated the Loot the Universe event on Promethea
- Lowered the O.P.Q System’s secondary rate of fire to prevent stability concerns due to the Gunner’s ability to spawn an excessive number of drones
- Addressed a reported concern that Badass Enemies in the Guns, Love, and Tentacles DLC were sometimes only dropping common and rare items
- Addressed a reported progression blocker that could sometimes occur when enemies would fail to spawn during “Protect the Nibblenomicon”
- Addressed a reported concern that The Amourettes would stand up and float when being defeated with the “Dominate” status effect during “The Horror in the Woods”
- Addressed a reported stuck spot behind the wooden wall during the “The Shadow of Cursehaven”
- Addressed a reported stuck spot on the pipes during “The Nibblenomicon”
- Addressed a reported stuck spot on the right of the Amourette camp wall during “The Horror in the Woods”
- Reduced the time between Moxxtails donations on the ECHOcast from 60 seconds to 30 seconds
If you’ve noticed a potential concern that has affected you that is not addressed in this update, please send us your data! Many factors are at work and collecting info from a variety of folks can go a long way to help us find commonalities, identify the root cause, and address confirmed issues.
The best way to get us your data would be to open a support ticket and include the following information:
- Summary of the issue.
- Frequency of the issue – how often is this happening?
- The platform you’re playing on (PS4, PS4 Pro, XB1, XB1X, PC). If PC, include a dxdiag log and crash dump.
- Your game state when you experienced the issue: (map, mission, character, player level, True Vault Hunter playthrough, single-player vs. multiplayer, offline vs. online, etc.)
- Do you know the steps to make this problem happen again? What are they?
Note: As you are playing Borderlands 3 currently, you’ll notice that the adjustment to annointed drop rates is not applying to shields. We’re working on a change for this to be deployed as soon as possible.