Borderlands 3 Hotfix [05/07/2020]

Today we will release a hotfix for Borderlands 3, which will be live on all platforms by 12:00 PM PST. In this week’s hotfixes, Loot the Universe starts on Eden-6, and we’ve addressed two community concerns regarding Mayhem Mode. To apply hotfixes, wait at the main menu until you see a sign that says “Hotfixes Applied”! If you are experiencing any issues or want to provide feedback, please submit a ticket to support.2k.com.

The Loot the Universe mini-event is taking place on Eden-6 this week when these hotfixes are live. Loot Eden-6 until May 14 at 9:00 AM PT!

• Activate the Loot the Universe event on Eden-6 until 9:00 AM PST on May 14!
  • Addressed a reported concern that the Mayhem modifier Galaxy Brain could sometimes cause Graveward’s loot to drop in a location the player could not access
  • Addressed a bug with Mayhem Mode that led to lower than intended drop rates for all Mayhem levels.
18 Likes

Ouch, short but droprates a good thing, I guess all efforts are being directed to the monthly patch.

7 Likes

For further info: Loot of all rarities at all Mayhem levels should now be more common, and the most loot will drop at Mayhem 10.

27 Likes

So we should get more loot across all levels? That’s pretty nice. Guess they will be focusing a lot on the coming patch (improved scaling, scaling everything outside of guns and stating Mayhem level on gear for starters).

2 Likes

Thank you for the clarification. We appreciate the extra information!

6 Likes

Keep improving gbox :+1:

4 Likes

Will see about the drop rates.

Any news on unobtainable customizations?

3 Likes

Ugh I was hoping they’d fixed all the world drops polluting dlc areas…mabye this will without even knowing it but I’m not hopeful…

However I am excited to see what real 2500% increase looks like if it’s truly fixed :smirk:

2 Likes

@Noelle_GBX does this also mean that the gear will be more likely to correspond to the Mayhem level? For instance, dropping M6 guns on M6 and M7 guns on M7.

9 Likes

Yeah getting that Mayhem tag operational will be a decent QOL upgrade imo, I’m sick of micro studying drops.

6 Likes

So does this address that grenades don’t scale or that chests have only mayhem 0 stuff or is that a future patch?

Does this fix the bosses that were not dropping mayhem 10 loot?

I remember Noelle said if it’s not stated in the patch / hotfix notes, 99% chance it’s not.

1 Like

I’m going to farm a couple of guns from Agonizer 9000 right now, because I know he is dropping pre-mayhem 2.0 gear. Then I’ll compare them to the weapons he drops after the hotfix today.

Well since hotfixes mess up things they don’t intend to 99.99% of the time we can be hopeful for shadow fixes :crazy_face:

1 Like

Check that you have your hotfixes applied! Since disabling the Drone Ranger or Boundary Issues Mayhem Modifiers, we’ve a significant drop in reports of crashing.

7 Likes

Yayy goodbye Neon Arterial!

1 Like

Band aid fix, more loot dropping, more chances of it being M10 - less than ideal but the other issues we have all been raising probably need a full patch to correct.

2 Likes

This is something that we have to address in a patch,unfortunately.

12 Likes

Why not fix the chest drop issue!?!?!? Nothing worse than fighting a boss (antagonizer) and NEVER getting a m10 drop because dude (antagonizer) is a freaking chest!!!

1 Like