Borderlands 3 - Hotfix [07/09/2020]

Today we will release a hotfix for Borderlands 3, which will be live on all platforms by 12:00 PM PST. This week’s hotfixes address some reported concerns. We are still monitoring the feedback from the character changes around the previous patch and identifying what we would want to adjust and how.

To apply hotfixes, wait at the main menu until you see a sign that says “Hotfixes Applied”! If you are experiencing any issues or want to provide feedback, please submit a ticket to support.2k.com.

Some players have expressed an interest in shields that do damage to enemies being scaled with Mayhem. We are looking to add Mayhem scaling to those shields in a future update. While assessing, we noticed that the change that allowed Mayhem gear to spawn in chests and vending machines also applies to the guns that spawn with enemies. This results in a Mayhem 10 enemy’s weapon doing Mayhem 10 damage to its target. This wasn’t initially intended, and we are monitoring how this is affecting difficulty in higher levels of Mayhem and are looking into how it could be addressed in a future patch.

• Patched a hole in the Atrium of the Bounty of Blood campaign add-on to prevent players from busting through the wall and seeing the other side
  • Addressed a reported concern that some damage effects from Lucky 7 sometimes did not function after exiting Iron Bear
24 Likes

Yeah, that bug with Lucky 7 and IB was annoying.

3 Likes

Simple batch this week. Glad the shield damage is being looked at. The spike and nova shields can be fun in certain builds.

6 Likes

Well that explains Moze’s FFYL yoyo when outside the Bear in M10!

7 Likes

We’ve seen that the issue persists with some other weapons as well, but we glad to get this in this week!

8 Likes

Glad spike/nova/etc shields are being looked at!

Also… hmm. Keep the mayhem level weapons spawning with the enemies, and allow all shields to drop with mayhem levels and scale their capacities up proportionately. This is pretty much how it worked in BL2’s OP levels; weapons, shields, etc scaled up but the player’s health didn’t.

3 Likes

@Noelle_GBX Amara’s Fist over Matter action skill augment doesn’t appear to be doing scaled damage.

2 Likes

@Noelle_GBX also of all of Flak’s pet, the scorching fire spiderant is the only one that seems to be capable of doing noticeable damage on m10

3 Likes

This is a bad idea as it kinda slaps Moze’s Shield tree (which scales shields with her health)

2 Likes

ooooh right, I forgot about that.

Should we expect a Patch this month? Just curious.
Also, is the team still thinking of going with the idea of adding more bank/backpack space in future updates or is 400/50 it for the foreseeable future?

Thank You.

2 Likes

Any hints on what weapons you guys are looking at adjusting next? The last one with the pistol buff is so nice, sure would like to see some other weapon types get some attention (cough snipers cough)

This only effects enemies holding weapons. There’s a concern with how this would effect non-mayhem gameplay and enemies that do not use traditional fire arms.

4 Likes

Yehey! We survive another week.

3 Likes

We’re looking into this!

8 Likes

Nothing to announce right now!

2 Likes

I’m perfectly happy with M10 enemies spawning with M10 guns. It is the highest difficulty after all.

Great news that the offensive capabilities of shields are being looked into. This will enable even more build variety.

4 Likes

Just some feedback on this because it highlights a problem Iin 1hpdeathless builds:

Since some of these weapons will do 200K + damage randomly, 1hp builds will find themselves downed in 1 hit, which feels unfair. Honestly, with a decked out Moze setup, I don’t have this happen often, but since it’s not predictable, it’s somewhat anti fun. I’m not sure the solution, but it’s worth considering as part of the feedback to the team.

But also, thanks for that lucky 7 fix. Also so glad y’all realize some other items have that problem. Exiting Ironbear is natural to gameplay, so losing weapon effects is quite frustrating. Kudos to the team

4 Likes

I would like to follow up and say that its possible that the base damage of most pets might be fine but the damage per sec or “fire rate” of the pets are making them not viable as damage dealers.

If I were to make a suggestion, I believe the fire spiderant is good because it does elemental damage. It might be too much work this late but most of these pets need a primary element they attack with. Kinetic damage is always going to underperform. We need pet that specialize in an element like the fire spiderant does.