Borderlands 3 - Hotfix [07/09/2020]

Just some feedback on this because it highlights a problem Iin 1hpdeathless builds:

Since some of these weapons will do 200K + damage randomly, 1hp builds will find themselves downed in 1 hit, which feels unfair. Honestly, with a decked out Moze setup, I don’t have this happen often, but since it’s not predictable, it’s somewhat anti fun. I’m not sure the solution, but it’s worth considering as part of the feedback to the team.

But also, thanks for that lucky 7 fix. Also so glad y’all realize some other items have that problem. Exiting Ironbear is natural to gameplay, so losing weapon effects is quite frustrating. Kudos to the team

4 Likes

I would like to follow up and say that its possible that the base damage of most pets might be fine but the damage per sec or “fire rate” of the pets are making them not viable as damage dealers.

If I were to make a suggestion, I believe the fire spiderant is good because it does elemental damage. It might be too much work this late but most of these pets need a primary element they attack with. Kinetic damage is always going to underperform. We need pet that specialize in an element like the fire spiderant does.

Also Kaos, breath of the dying, warlord,. Basically Dahl AR are just a little too weak.

2 Likes

thats another example of why this system is really unhealthy for the game
i can (will) only speak for myself here but please consider to stop running yourself into something that is doomed already and will not age very well with the game in the future…threads show it, comments show it, polls show it
please at least think about just returning to a system that makes more sense

6 Likes

Dang. Im really hoping the monocle and headsplosion will receive some love soon. Fingers crossed.

3 Likes

I don’t think that elemental damage would solve anything. Countess Spiderant doesn’t have great damage outside of attack commands, and the Jabbers easily compete with and out perform Scorcher without the lava pool. What makes Scorcher so nice is that it can essentially perform 2 attacks at the same time, which is a massive damage boost compared to every other pet sans Gunslinger.

More attack speed would be a god-send however, as would increased attack command damage, buffing Gamma burst to give more pet damage, and giving the other pets special attacks like scorcher’s pool.

I went over some of the issues regarding pet damage and it’s interaction with Gamma Burst in this thread. Hopefully it proves useful.

4 Likes

This probably explains why I am dying much more lately…

4 Likes

@Noelle_GBX

Any idea when class mods for each VH will be looked into balancing?
Cold warrior does whopping 300dmg per tick on M10.

Kinda limiting builds when people only use 1-2 mods per char,…

1 Like

That’s understandable.

In relation to the shield damage news, may I request the team to pay closer attention to the following:

• Rectifier - This shield should be doing a lot more damage than it has ever done. Even before mayhem levels, this shield was particularly weak which is a shame because it’s an interesting shield.
  • Nova Shields: Most Nova shields AoE is pretty small, especially the Black Hole, is it possible to evaluate the Nova ranges? The Black Hole is supposed to unleash a singularity but seeing as how the range is so small, I don’t see the rationale in its ability. Also can the Nova damage be listed on the item card? It’s weird to not see the damage written on the item card when all other Nova shields have 'em.

Cheers.

3 Likes

Didn’t they fix the exact issue? Because some enemy were dealing damage with M10 weapon?

Edit: Oops sorry, they are gonna addressed the issue on next patch, totally missed that part. Yah, in that case I want that fixed too.

1 Like

I bet you play with OP god Amara or shield/barrier god zane or crit god fl4k?

1 Like

I’m not sure what point you are making? All VHs can tackle M10. All of them.

3 Likes

Let’s not derail this into a completely separate discussion, folks.

Please read the FORUM RULES

:face_with_monocle:

6 Likes

I may very well be wrong on this, but AOE/Splash radius passives on coms/artifacts seem to effect this. My Frozen Heart seems to have a larger radius when using a splash radius boost on my com.

3 Likes

Thanks for addressing the enemy damage bug, playing rakk fl4k was ffyl city lolol

1 Like

I’m thinking another side effect might be that friendly NPCs that fight alongside you (Lorelei, Atlas troops, etc) that hold generated guns might also be dealing out mayhem level damage, assuming their weapons are generated in the same way other gear is… which in this case would be OK since they’re on your side after all. :smiley:

Yeah, weapon scaling was their second worst idea right after mayhem modifiers, but they are never going to admit it.

4 Likes

It is only affecting enemies holding weapons. We’re looking into player survival and assessing what adjustments we would like to make. We are still seeing more players enjoying higher levels of Mayhem even with this.

4 Likes

Not so much for rakk attack fl4k. rakk attack fl4k doesnt have the agro relief of fadeaway and gamma burst, and fl4k isnt a lifesteal character so its very easy to fall into FFYL. i hope it isnt a permanent change. :frowning:

1 Like

No, this is an example of a bug that they’re evaluating to see what needs doing about it. Scaling chest and vendor gear was obviously not intended to scale the gear on the enemies.

It’s fine that you don’t like the system. But presenting bugs in the system as “this should never have been made” is a poor equivalence.

4 Likes