Borderlands 3 - Hotfix [07/30/2020]

Today in Borderlands 3, we are kicking off the Anniversary Celebration Events and addressing various player concerns! These changes and the accompanying event will be live on all platforms by 12:00 PM PST. To apply hotfixes, wait at the main menu until you see a sign that says “Hotfixes Applied”! If you are experiencing any issues or want to provide feedback, please submit a ticket to support.2k.com.

The Borderlands 3 Anniversary Celebration events start today, with ECHOcast Overload! During this event, viewers watching their favorite streamers play Borderlands 3 will have a greater chance of winning loot during Rare Chest Events in the ECHOcast Twitch Extension. This event will be live until August 6 at 9:00 AM PST, where it will switch to the Bonus Boss Loot event with next week’s hotfixes!

• Turns on the Summer 2020 Anniversary Event: ECHOcast Overload, live until August 6 at 9:00 AM PST
  • Added Rare Chests from the Bounty of Blood campaign add-on to the Rare Chest ECHOcast event
  • Increased the amount of loot dropped from Proving Ground bosses in Mayhem Mode
  • Adjusted the rate in which Legendaries were appearing in Vending Machines
  • Adjusted the Beastmaster’s Galactic Shadow skill to make enemies less likely to target the player over pets
  • Applied textures to the Telezapper at the end of the level during “Where It All Started” in the Bounty of Blood campaign add-on content
20 Likes

HOLY ■■■■!

Noelle, I don’t know how this is going to work, but by God so long as it does I am giving you and the team so many virtual hugs and high 5s!

9 Likes

Morning Noelle, Any chance there are any updates on the progress towards getting Splitscreen fixed? The text and UI is still unreadable from further than 2 feet away.

7 Likes

So it’s only for the viewers? Am I in any way affected by this when I play without EchoCast? If not, it’s the most useless event so far, sadly.

21 Likes

Pretty psyched about this too. Hopefully it’ll be a noticeable difference. Good for Hidden Machine users.

BTW, @Noelle_GBX last week’s patch decreased the attack command damage of 3 of FL4K’s pets by 40% or more. Was this an intended change by the devs, or was this unintentional?

9 Likes

Has Hidden Machine been fixed? I remember it being reported to be unreliable in terms of providing the bonus.

Also I’m assuming they’re going to “fix” legendaries appearing in Vending Machines at a high rate. RIP

No weapon balance again? Super psyched to go out and enjoy all those useless legendaries as per usual.

11 Likes

The skill has been working, but we were finding that they were still going for FL4K fairly often. FL4K will still be targeted, but they should go for the pets more frequently now!

8 Likes

We still don’t have anything to announce at this time.

1 Like

Lots of unaddressed concerns this week. Weapon balance is a big one, so is the drop rate on certain dedicated drops (as in, some of them not dropping at all). I’m thinking the request for DLC items to appear in Earl’s shop or the vending machine legendary pool isn’t going to be addressed so I’ll let that one go.

2 Likes

It increases the win rate for viewers watching the ECHOcast. We do have other events over the next 5 weeks that will offer more in-game rewards!

1 Like

Depending on the effectiveness of this, it could be a massive QoL improvement to Rakk Attack.

I wonder how this works with Hidden Machine?

1 Like

After last week’s change that added this, I did see that at high Mayhem levels the vending machines were polluted with legendary items. I wanted to see the result of those changes and the changes to chest rewards for a new player so I started new games with both Zane and Amara.

Based solely on my experience so far with those new games, there is no noticeable difference in chest rewards or badass drops at all, and legendary items in vending machines are extremely rare when Mayhem is off. It’s not until higher levels and Mayhem that you start really seeing a lot of legendary items in the vending machine.

2 Likes

Hmm, play the game - but with terrible rewards OR watch some uninformed internet ‘personality’ play the game for the chance to ‘win’ some of those terrible rewards? It’s an embarrassment of riches.

25 Likes

Thanks for the post Noelle, not really interested in this event cause weapon balance is still not enjoyable atm, imo. But pretty psyched about testing it as usual. The Galactic Shadow fix should be interesting, will definitely help Rakk and Fade Away setups !

2 Likes

Ditto for me. Since I neither stream nor watch streamers, this week passes me by.
Back to playing my latest Borderlands 1 Siren.

6 Likes

Gotta admit, I would have liked to see a few gun balance changes but well, maybe next week.

1 Like

I saw your post and flagged it over to the devs! We’re looking into it.

16 Likes

While we are on FL4K, is there any word about a fix for the pet damage bonus from the Friend Bot COM?

4 Likes