Borderlands 3 - Hotfix [08/12/2021] - Anniversary Event! Loot the Universe

Loot the Universe is BACK! Today’s changes to Borderlands 3 activate the Loot the Universe event as part of the Borderlands 3 Second Anniversary Celebration, and address some reported concerns of some weapons sometimes not dropping from their loot source. Each week during Loot the Universe, Borderlands 3’s planets will take turns of having even better drops, with specific types of Legendary loot having increased chance of dropping in one of that planet’s zones.

Maurice’s Black Market Vending Machine will be moving to a new location on Thursdays at 9:00 AM PT / 12:00 PM ET and is activated with a hotfix.

These changes will be live on all platforms by 12:00 PM PT. To apply hotfixes, wait at the main menu until you see a sign that reads, “Hotfixes Applied!” If you are experiencing any issues or want to provide feedback, please submit a ticket to support.2k.com.

• Activated the Loot the Universe mini-event on Pandora until 8:59 AM PT on August 19
  • Addressed a reported concern that Tom & Xam were sometimes not dropping Soulrender
  • Addressed a reported concern that Aurelia was sometimes not dropping Juliet’s Dazzle
14 Likes

Is there any word about the last past patch reverting the recent buff to the Lucian’s Call?

2 Likes

Glad the Soulrender and Juliette Dazzle have returned. Hopefully we’ll get the Lucian Call fixed soon!

And has it been 2 years already? Time flies when you’re having fun!

2 Likes

Check out the related 2-year anniversary events guide (probably the same info as the borderlands.com link in the OP):

4 Likes

Would really enjoy doing this however at this time BL3 chooses still to loot the performance of my console stability while also nerfing the text size in split screen.

12 Likes

Maybe I’ve just been having some curious RNG, but does it seem like to anyone else that the hotfix that reduced the chance of world drop legendary snipers is broken? It seems like in the past few weeks I’ve seen the number of Malak’s Banes, ASMDs, Woodblockers, etc dropping tick up to the rate that was there before that hotfix.

Annnnnyway, congrats! Can’t believe it’s been 2 years.

3 Likes

Seriously?

1 Like

I imagine so, otherwise why would they advertise this.

[EDIT] They silently pushed out a new hotfix. The Call weapons are fixed now, though it would be nice if Gearbox would announce when things are fixed.

Lucian’s Call, King’s Call, and Queen’s Call are still broken.

Before 2021-08-05 Patch:

After 2021-08-05 Patch:

The damage numbers have not changed since last week. I know I have the new hotfix because I just obtained a Souldrender from Tom and Xam.

2 Likes

It was a question to GBX for giving a full big F about bug fixes.

1 Like

I’m probably the only one who prefer the pre-buff queen’s / king’s calls. They were excellent when built around. Now, they just one tap mobs regardless of secondary rolls. Like everything else…

1 Like

Does anyone remember if this was the event where COMS were dropping frequently from the Power Troopers in Atlas HQ when Promethea was the planet of the week? I can’t remember anything about this event. (old age, it’s all a blur)

Edit: Ok, found the @MirrorKnight42 Loot the Universe thread from last year. It is the same event. I hate those mind farts.

1 Like

Yes, the word is “meh”.
Got that Shlooter nerf in within 48hrs, but guns losing over 300% of their damage? :sleeping:
PRIORITIES.

6 Likes

Does this mean that they are now guaranteed drops or just awkward wording?

I hope it’s permanent. In the meantime, I’ve leaving the game running. I only noticed a difference today. For me, it’s just more fun.

LOOT THE UNIVERSE*

*Except for dedicated drops.

Love,
GBX

2 Likes

They are not guaranteed drops, but will be dropping again.

Funny Lucian’s Call is fixed for me it seems

To clarify a little: Tom and Xam have both the Insider and the Soulrender in their designated drop pool, so in principle whenever they dropped an item from that pool there should have been a 50:50 chance of one or the other. However, several users found that although they had a high designated drop chance (about 40-50%), they were only dropping the Insider. They should now correctly drop either an Insider or a Soulrender - going to check that out for myself shortly.

Edit: confirmed. First run, 0. Second run, 1 Insider, 1 Soulrender.

2 Likes