Borderlands 3 - Hotfix [08/13/2020]

RIP to the only event in the anniversary series that I was actually interested in

10 Likes

We should be getting roughly a dozen buffs per week to base game legendaries. It’s clear they are attempting to phase out og legendaries for m6 legendaries and DLC stuff.

5 Likes

AMEN, say it louder so the ones in the back can hear you!

1 Like

Can’t believe nobody’s talking about the ASE 200% Splash damage nerf to 125% or the ASE Next 2 mags 100% nerf to 50%. Farmed for weeks to get shock / fire Plaguebearer’s, Backburners, Lightshows, Monarchs, and Reflux to finally last night manage to beat M10 Guardian Takedown. All completely worthless now. TY Gearbox! Sick hotfix…

1 Like

Just quit to main menu and wait for hot fix to load.

1 Like

And the Pearl stack % back to 20. And LightShow damage cut by about 80%… Is this a joke?

1 Like

So when will we finally get a fix for the things that the last patch was supposed to fix but didn’t?

Like the disappearing weapon trinkets from BoB etc.

I just spent the last few days farming these at lvl 10 mayhem and now theyre nerfed and ■■■■■■ after they promote you farming them???

It takes me about 4-6 hours for 1 dedicated drop on console. By the time I get that item with the annoint I want it’s time for gearbox to raise the level cap again.

3 Likes

And as far as I can tell, no change to the excessive enemy damage glitch.

OK, something weird happened, cause I have both mini events active. Boss Drops and Loot Monsters, which is nice. I can change characters etc, still dedicated loot is guaranteed, and a lot of Loot Tinks.
I guess it will stay like that as long my game is on.

2 Likes

Sounds right to me. Of course first of all nobody is forcing anyone to do anything, and certainly not to repeatedly farm a bunch of stuff. What happens otherwise is you put a character together, and if you like sure put some hours into getting a few special things. And then you advance with the content to whatever degree you like, no doubt using some lower level stuff as appropriate, patching things up as necessary as you go along. And then once everything’s released if you want to keep playing and more or less slowly assembling everything to a point of perfection, well then you do. NBD. This is basic stuff. It’s a game.

I’m waiting for the dedicated loot to stop so I can eat some breakfast :frowning:

2 Likes

It sounds pointless to me.

So there’s around 4 weeks till the next level cap raise. Say it takes me 30 drops to get the weapon I want with the right annoint on it. 5 hours average for a drop I’ve got to play the game for about 5 hours per night every night to get it, by that time it’s level cap raise the item is obsolete and I need to farm again.

That’s just 1 item.

1 Like

“Got to.” “Need.” You are playing a video game and defining your own pointlessness. You don’t need to do any of this and certainly not before the level cap raise. And it by no means takes this kind of time to have a good character with some good stuff. Again, if it feels pointless to you, that says a lot more about you and how you are playing than it does about the game.

What’s the point of the game then if you can’t make the builds you want to?

5 Likes

False hopes, it’s fixed now and only new event is active.

Thank you for the Hotfix :slightly_smiling_face:

Was hoping we would get the 100% dedicated loot drop event to be added permanently to the game. Hopefully this will be addressed in the future by atleast increasing the dedicated loot drop chance unless there’s a different solution in the works to make farming less RNG heavy.
Also, is there any info about what to expect in this months patch (if there’s gonna be one)?

2 Likes

Dude you said it… You just started playing that game!
The players who play this game since release went through so much ■■■■… If it would be that easy to get the gear you want no one would cry for 100% dedicated drops on hardest difficulty… Just play a few months and try to farm for a dedicated class mod with good stats. I farmed one for my Fl4k over 5 hours on hardest difficulty. A round with loading screen took me about 1:30min and even with the 100% drop I get nothing good… Some had a few good stats, but none of them had splash damage and weapon damage… None one in this combination of two stats I desired!

1 Like

The 100% dedicated loot drop event was an interesting experiment, though now that it’s over I have to say I think I’ll put the game down again and do other things. I was curious to see how the console farming experience would be with all of the recent changes like removing bad anointments, adding more named NPCs to kill, and spreading out the loot pools all on top of guaranteed dedicated drops. It would be cool if Gearbox decided to keep going with those kinds of changes and removed further anointments because there are some really useless ones that were still dropping for me even with the hotfix applied. And if there are any more sidequest NPCs which don’t respawn and/or have their own dedicated drops then I’d really like to see that changed. It would be really disappointing to see Gearbox going in a good direction and then just stop before they finish what they started.

1 Like