Borderlands 3 Hotfix [08/27/2020]

Heres to yet another week of no BL3. I’m almost completely weened off the game now … like a bad habit I’m kicking.

More Red Dead and less BL3.

4 Likes

Another option take it as an occasion to play a different game, like me.

5 Likes

im on the pc. so re-roll means quit and continue???. and you get a new set of modifiers… i had no idea you could even change the modifiers…

No, you can re-roll modifiers from your in game menu. It’s a little better when on Sanctuary as you won’t have to reload the map. There is a tab for Mayhem mode just past your Guardian Rank.

You mean easier than go to a vending machine?

The bug of Jakbos’ pistol still not fixed, they still keep lower damage, sincerely ask you guys to fix this bug to bring them back to normal level.

3 Likes

Well, that’s more of a dice roll than farming the enemy that will give one the gear one wants. And of course does not supply DLC weapons, which as we all know are some of the most powerful.
And I dunno if folks who need the help have the cash.
Anyway, as I said, reducing modifiers makes the game actually less appealing to me, so I’ll see y’all again when Krieg shows up.
Scary thought: I’m actually playing BL:TPS right now, which I don’t much care for, instead of BL3 .

1 Like

So no HUD scaling fix again this week ??

Can anyone spell fraud!

If I had to guess, it was fudged up by a Patch so it’ll probably need a Patch to fix.
If it’s not in the next DLC4 patch, then there’s a problem. (not that there’s no problem now, but you know what I mean).
I hope ya’ll do get that fix though. I remember on PS4 not being able to mark things as fave/trash in my backpack for a whole month+ and it drove me insane.

2 Likes

“Rolling” and “re-rolling” comes from rolling dice in a game to generate a random number. The game uses a random number generator to determine certain factors in the game: what is referred to as RNG.

Every time you press the key to “re-roll” the modifiers the game chooses another random set of modifiers. This is done on the mayhem page of your echo device. Once you have changed the modifiers you can choose to apply. This restarts you on the map at the same location with the new modifiers. On sanctuary it is non combat so your modifiers just change after applying, no re-start is required.

1 Like

Cool. Should be good.

I do hope that the regular ones are restored once the event ends, it took me a few hours to get that combination.

Yeah, my bl3 playtime have been very irregular and casual since DLC2, but whenever these events pop up i don’t play at all. I tried doing a semi-challange run during the boss loot event but i got bored pretty quickly. I will try this easy modifers event just to see what that’s like… if BL2 lets me.

I expect re-rolling will be required

2 Likes

Personally I’m not even booting my mains this week. I am using the opportunity to level up another character.

1 Like

Lmk when there is the option to have no modifiers. I absolutely hate them and it’s the main reason I stopped playing bl3 after playing since launch. I want the m10 challenge without having to deal with the annoying af, quirky, stupid modifiers. Playing without mayhem is way too easy. Please make it so it’s optional cause I know I’m not alone in feeling this way.

3 Likes

Yeah I’m very disappointed with 2 weeks of the anniversary event.
We don’t need eridium and what no one needs and I’m mean really no one… Is money. For what is this event? I die with moze and loose easy 5millions… So? I never ever had a money problem in a borderlands game. Not one… Maybe in bl1 when I played it for the first time. It’s not required for anything in lategame. The most expensive thing in the vending machines is about 400k? To reset the skills 0 money is required, because if you have no money you can still reset the skills… This is pathetic.

I’m sorry for that, but if I need money or eridium I have my mule save on the ps4. I know this is kind of cheating, but I never needed one in bl2. Bl3 has so much problems so I really started to hate this game.
Although it’s not fair because this is still the only game I’m playing but not enjoying it. Sounds stupid but it is how it is…

Maybe they will add more SDUs (I hope), they are quite expensive now.

SO they will do mini mayhem mode, but can’t bring back the original Mayhem modes?

Le sigh.

And as I’ve noted before, there are two blank SDU slots in Marcus’s SDU table. There do not need to be, they could have arranged the SDU popups so it was even all the way across, but there are two empties in the top row. Maybe some interesting new SDU to buy. This is purely dreaming on my part.

But yes, giving me more ammo would be nice.

As much I would love slots for builds, I doubt that. It’s probably just the design thing.