Borderlands 3 - Hotfix [09/03/2020]

Today in Borderlands 3, we are activating the Borderlands 3 Anniversary Celebration Making It Rain mini-event! These changes and the accompanying event will be live on all platforms by 12:00 PM PDT. To apply hotfixes, wait at the main menu until you see a sign that says “Hotfixes Applied”! If you are experiencing any issues or want to provide feedback, please submit a ticket to support.2k.com.

The Making It Rain event, which will be live with today’s hotfixes, increases the amount of Cash drops from normal, Badass, and Anointed enemies. This event will be live until September 10 at 9:00 AM PDT!

• Activates the Summer 2020 Anniversary Event: Making It Rain, live until September 10 at 9:00 AM PDT
  • Increased the drop chance on Bosses in Takedowns, Slaughters, and Trials

WEAPON ADJUSTMENTS

Hellwalker

• Increased weapon damage

Kaos

• Increased weapon damage
  • Increased explosion radius on kill

Breath of the Dying

• Increased DPS and orb projectile damage
  • Increased orb collision radius to increase the chance of it hitting
  • Increased orb damage
25 Likes

Gonna farm for that breath :smile::smile:

1 Like

Hell yes!

3 Likes

Oh yea, Hellwalker love!

Extra Takedown loot? Yes please!

We got any split-screen fixes coming for us next week? (obligatory split-screen bitching)

Thank you @Noelle_GBX

9 Likes

Give the Hellwalker a meathook for its alt fire or we riot

1 Like

Sweet- BOtD, Yes!

Nice, will test later.

Takedown bosses should have guaranteed drops, at least couple pieces of every gear. Especially GTD when single completion takes around 30 minutes (or more) with very well optimized gear.
Similar for Proving Grounds and Slaughters, single drop of dedicated gear isn’t enough reward for 5-10 minutes (PG) or way longer (Slaughters) activity.

11 Likes

What exactly does an increase in DPS mean in this context? I mean, this could technically range from weapon damage all the way to rate of fire or reload speed since all those do affect the DPS of the weapon.
Or is this referring to the corrosive dot on the orbs?

About time for the hellwalker! My sntnl cryo is covered in dust and cobwebs! So it will be shiny and clean from use when I sell it next week!! :wink:

Yeah I’m hoping “increased drop chance” in this case turns out to be a 100% chance, just like how in the boss loot event the “increased drop chance” turned out to be 100%. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I think the split screen co-op could use a buff, there has been some community input on that. Also speaking of adjustments the console crashing could use a nerf.

10 Likes

Dedicated or world drops?

2 Likes

Would you be able to elaborate on this? Drop rate for what exactly? Is this part of the loot event or is it permanent?

We don’t have any changes to split screen coming next week.

2 Likes

To address some of the questions we’ve seen:
This is a permanent change, but it is delivered via hotfix (so make sure those are loaded). This hotfix will increase the chance to about 100% for those bosses to drop gear from their dedicated legendary drop pools.

29 Likes

Could you guys possibly look into the distance for enemies to spawn. Im in hog heaven after the sniper buffs ( many thanks BTW ) but i wish i could be further than 3 meters away for the game to trigger the enemies to spawn (walk out of their huts, tents, nest, etc.) . Is there any way you could relay this back to the team? Pretty please. :kissing_heart:

7 Likes

SO that would imply then that GBX is completely satisfied with how split screen performs at this point correct and we should abandon all hope of it ever getting properly fixed and running as BL1, BL2 and BLTPS did. It has been a year since the games release.

3 Likes

We are always working on performance improvements to include in our updates. Those changes can vary in how effective or noticeable they are from patch to patch, but we are always working towards making it more performant than before.

4 Likes

And that is appreciated it really is. However a little more specific information that you are actually working on split screen issues or the consoles crashing would go a long way with the Borderlands community.

13 Likes