Borderlands 3 - Hotfix [10/15/2020]

BORDERLANDS 3 HOTFIXES: OCTOBER 15, 2020

POSTED: OCT 15 2020

Today in Borderlands 3, we are making some changes to gear and the drop rate of Bloody Harvest Anointments! These changes will be live on all platforms by 12:00 PM PT. To apply hotfixes, wait at the main menu until you see a sign that reads, “Hotfixes Applied!” If you are experiencing any issues or want to provide feedback, please submit a ticket to support.2k.com.

Bloody Harvest is haunting players in Borderlands 3 until November 5! Players who don’t want to see haunted enemies are able to turn off the Bloody Harvest event in the Main Menu.

• Removed unusual glowing squares at the bottom of the vault in the Psycho Krieg and the Fantastic Fustercluck DLC
  • The Events tab now shows the correct end date for the Bloody Harvest event
  • Increased the chance for Bloody Harvest event Anointments to drop on gear

WEAPON CHANGES

Sleeping Giant

• Doubled magazine size
  • Reloading now has a 1-in-3 chance to award all the possible bonuses at once
  • Increased the weapon damage bonus

The Companion

• Increased weapon damage

Redline

• Reduced recoil

Garcia

The Flood

• Increased magazine size

Polybius

Infinity

The Horizon

• Increased reload speed
  • Increased damage dealt from the Singularity

Destructo Spinner

Skullmasher

• Increased weapon accuracy
  • Reduced recoil

Craps

GRENADE CHANGES

Fastball

• Increased grenade damage

Nagata

• Increased damage radius

Widowmaker

Lightspeed

Hunter Seeker

Hex

Tina’s Hippity Hopper

• Reduced the height and distance on the extra spawned grenades
29 Likes

oh my goth
am i going to finally start the game again to check out the redline? <3

3 Likes

Happy Hotfix Day!!! Holy crap hell yes!!!

4 Likes

Can we also get 100% drop rate for BH gear from Haunt and Loot Ghosts? It’s not fast save&quit farming method as normal bosses. There is already a lot of RNG behind it, and 100% chance will still be pretty random.

13 Likes

Thanks for the buffs

2 Likes

Nice buffs. Wonder what the exact number changes are. Specifically the Flood, increase damage and magazine. Can’t wait.

It’s Thursday already? Where does my week go…

3 Likes

Kinda upset it doesn’t actually last until Dec 5th. . .

Other than that it looks like some good changes!

2 Likes

That is good stuff. The Craps was on the very edge of awesomeness, so even just a 30% buff would bring it back into Moze’s M10 arsenal. The Redline is one of the most fun to use guns in the game, but so far it lacked the damage to compete past Mayhem 6 or so. I just hope that it is now a good gun again.

The Fastball… another day, another attempt to make it work. Let’s just hope that its enough to make it good.

And the Hex getting a buff for sure is ironic as all hell. Once the terror of all console players may this fallen god rise once more to make visibility a thing of the past… again xD

8 Likes

would be really good if the Ghast Call could, at the least, have the apply terror anoints, even if it wouldn’t have the other damage or defensive anoints.

9 Likes

Love all the weapon and grenade changes.

I just have one question. Does whoever is fixing the game know that Rushin Offensive is bugged? Because I’ve commented that here many many times and submitted many many bug reports, and still no response.

7 Likes

Yes please!

Please adjust drop rates on normal mode.
I know this gets old repeating this but…
My daughter and I did two runs on Haunt and all we got, including the large chests, was Green/Blue loot. That’s a whole new low.

1 Like

Yay hotfix! Thanks GBX! This is some good progress towards making more weapons viable in endgame.

1 Like

Wow, thats a much larger hotfix than i was expecting so soon after the event patch. And good to see some of my old favorites making the cut

Gearbox I love that you are buffing all these weapons, but such haphazard buffing just isn’t healthy, and further increases the disparity between legendaries and non-uniques (as well as any legendaries that slip through the cracks). The more weapons you buff without bringing the category up as a whole, the more difficult it would be to bring weapon balance at M10.

Rather than just buffing the Craps or Maggie, wouldn’t it far better to simply to buff Jakobs and Torgue pistols as a whole? Then rather than getting 1 or 2 more viable weapons at M10, everything gets balanced to do acceptable damage, and the playerbase instantly gains far more choice, whilst maintaing good weapon parity and design.

The Skullmasher is already the best Jakobs sniper for general use - sure it could be better in view of far more powerful snipers, but I would rather Snipers be brought up as a whole (including all the non-uniques which generally massively underperform). Likewise, the Garcia was a great weapon at M4, a meta choice for Fl4k. Its just that right now, all Jakobs shotties that are not the Hellwalker and Dakota generally underperform - and the Garcia with them. So rather than making the Garcia an ‘elite’ choice - why not just bring up all Jakobs shotties except the Hellwalker? Then the Tidal Wave, Nimble Jack and x25 Stagecoach could be great too.

Likewise, BL3 has the best and most sophisticated Grenade system of the 4 games. I just love the sheer versatility and number of possible combinations you can get. But it doesn’t matter when grenades just do too little damage. Buffing all the legendaries while leaving the purples in the dust just means players don’t get to enjoy the rich and complex grenade system you guys probably spent alot of thought designing, which is a great pity.

28 Likes

Emphasis mine. Holy ■■■■.

Oh fun, I’m curious if they just pumped the numbers or dialed the splash damage properly from that old ticket I spun up.

1 Like

Can’t wait to try my perfect skullmashers <3

1 Like

I guess we’ll see in a few hours but thank you GBX…Grenades suck in this game

3 Likes