Borderlands 3 - Hotfix [10/28/2021]

The Traunt Family has hijacked this week’s Borderlands 3 changes, and they’re looking for REVENGE for what you did as part of Maurice’s Community Carnage Challenges. How DARE you all take them down so quickly! They’re fueled by rage and ready to return the favor. We expect them to calm down on November 4 at 8:59 AM PT.

• When playing in Mayhem Mode or True Vault Hunter Mode, Captain Traunt, General Traunt, and Captain Haunt will have health and damage numbers rivaling that of a raid boss. If you manage to put them back in the ground, you’ll have a greatly increased chance of getting their best loot. This limited-time event ends November 4 at 8:59 AM PT
  • Bloody Harvest gear has been spread into each of the Traunts’ loot pools until November 4 at 8:59 AM PT

The current Community Carnage Challenge “Long-Distance Relations” is still being counted during the event!

Maurice’s Black Market Vending Machine will also be moving to a new location on Thursdays at 9:00 AM PT / 12:00 PM ET and is activated with a hotfix.

These changes will be live on all platforms by 12:00 PM PT. To apply hotfixes, wait at the main menu until you see a sign that reads, “Hotfixes Applied!” If you are experiencing any issues or want to provide feedback, please submit a ticket to support.2k.com.

6 Likes

I hope it’s at least way better than 100% drop rate.

People not reading patches notes are in for a nasty surprise :rofl:

6 Likes

Captain Haunt was already quite tanky, so now what - HP pool similar to Seer? I probably will stay clear of him… Also, presumably no new Carnage challenge, we keep doing the sniping thing?

2 Likes

So, I take it @GBX is still looking into these issues that @GBX said they were looking into? Or are they still just aware of it?

I’m aware of your new product Wonderlands, looked into it and even watched the trailer. As for preordering or Day One purchasing it, not at this time.

7 Likes

People who read certain tweets and got excited for a new Takedown will be oh so disappointed…

4 Likes

So after we farmed Traunt for 500000 times , now we have to do it again ? for better drop chance ? like 5% instead of 0.000000007% for a Kaoson elemental ? excuse me but … what ?

3 Likes

Can’t raid to read all the "waaaaah, traunt takedown you promised, where ? :rage::rage: " when they never said anything like that.

Also, cool mini event. That means easier time with Kaoson, Ghast Call, and Fearmonger and I’m ok with it as they are usually painful to get !

Can’t wait to try and one shot all of them 3 :sunglasses: (Haunt has health gate though so RIP, probably)

So, this is it for borderlands 3, eh? No more content, no more balance?

Oh well, lets hope some passionate modders pick it up and do it justice.

3 Likes

Should be 1 more vault card release this year at a minimum

1 Like

Once again, speaking only for myself, this isn’t my idea of fun. Fun would be if each weapon, as it was acquired at whatever mayhem level you get it, would scale at something usable and relevant to that level. I include “world drop” weapons. As your game now stands, when playing at high mayhem, world drops and chests are a waste of time. The game at that point is a shooter and not much of a looter.

1 Like

So another excuse to commit Traunt-icide? Let the Traunt-mageddon commence!

Not sure I understand. I would however like to be able to take under level gear and level it up.

And I’d like to be able to adjust parts on an item.

I think he’s basically asking for a bunch of gear to be buffed so that it is more useful at the level/mayhem level it dropped on, instead of feeling underpowered compared to other gear items at the same level(s).

2 Likes

I think they may have f@*ked up again. 5 mins to kill Traunt on Nekro with busted ass grenade FL4K. Gonna try unleash the dragon Amara (it’s what I used when the f@*ked up last time by giving the Trial boss that 8 times more health than they intended…)

1 Like

General Traunt heavily resists shock (your re-volter gets negated) and corrosive (Ghast Call). Your only source of damage was coming from radiation and Guardian angel.

Use Radiation against traunts. They don’t resist it. Rad Fish Slap, Stinger, UtD, and Peregrine delets them :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

sadly I don’t have a rad fish slap. Gonna try with my Amara, UtD, Fire stinger, Cryo FS, Muse

1 Like

Does have shed loads of hp in all fairness.

Did a few kills of traunt on athenas and terror cryo fishslap worked loads better than urad ghast call, both using angel and peregrine.

1 Like

If you want a rad fish slap I could send you one friend, let me know :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like