Borderlands 3 - Hotfix [Aug 19, 2021]

Today’s changes to Borderlands 3 activate the Loot the Universe event on Promethea as part of the Borderlands 3 Second Anniversary Celebration, ensure Lunacy drops as expected, and temporarily removes the Reaper Guardians from Takedown at the Guardian Breach. Each week during Loot the Universe, Borderlands 3’s planets will take turns of having even better drops, with specific types of Legendary loot having increased chance of dropping in one of that planet’s zones.

Maurice’s Black Market Vending Machine will be moving to a new location on Thursdays at 9:00 AM PT / 12:00 PM ET and is activated with a hotfix.

These changes will be live on all platforms by 12:00 PM PT. To apply hotfixes, wait at the main menu until you see a sign that reads, “Hotfixes Applied!” If you are experiencing any issues or want to provide feedback, please submit a ticket to support.2k.com.

• Activated the Loot the Universe mini-event on Promethea until 8:59 AM PT on August 26
  • Addressed a concern that Lunacy was not sometimes dropping from Empowered Grawn
  • Temporarily removed Reaper Guardians from spawning during the final leg of Takedown at the Guardian Breach. They will be re-enabled in a future update.
9 Likes

Any update on the crashing problems on the Xbox? Or the issues with having to restart the game to load in a splitscreen character only to have it usually crash shortly after? Had to stop playing since I’ve been spending more time waiting for the game to load than actually playing. I’ve also been running into a issue where the splitscreen character is losing my vault space and have to keep buying sdu’s.(I don’t lose items but it resets my vault space back to 20)

9 Likes

@Noelle_GBX, if I could pitch an idea I think it is a grossly missed opportunity not to have some kind of drop assigned to the Reapers. Why do we have a rare spawn in a Takedown with no assigned drop?

It could be either Guardian Takedown gear such as a Stinger or even a M6+ Legendary.

1 Like

@vCarpeDiemv Or perhaps the Guardian Angel? :crazy_face:

2 Likes

Any updates on these issues that you (that being @GBX) said you were looking in too? If you take a moment to look around the forum, Twitter or Reddit for that matter you would see that these are “Reported Concerns” as well.

Also can you explain to us why on your show titled “Couch Co-Op” the presenters don’t really play local couch co-op like 95% of your customers? Is there a reason for that ?

I’m aware of your new game Wonderlands and have looked into it but as for pre ordering or day one purchasing it, not at this time.

8 Likes

I get the joke but it needs to ba a base game item, nobody likes getting gear that they can’t use.

3 Likes

Sounds like there’s an update coming which will bring further changes to the Guardian Takedown :thinking:

3 Likes

Does Promethea include Athenas in the Loot the Universe event? I think it was in there last time. But memory could be faulty.

I know, I know. I was real excited about the pun though LOL.

2 Likes

I’ve stopped playing because phasegrasp hasn’t worked right since two hotfixes ago.
WTF.

Phasegrasp works the same pretty much all the time.

6 Likes

How can you say that? You don’t know how it’s working for me and others who have mentioned the same thing

The only mention of phasegrasp is in the Aug. 5th update notes, and that is referring to NPC Maya not phasegrasping FL4K’s pet. Are you perhaps referring to this previous intermittent bug (which I assume has been around ever since the update that stopped fakegrasping)?

Same problem. Sometimes it doesn’t grasp but it uses up the skill anyway

1 Like

No it is a bugged that started with the first Vault Card pack. If you miss a Phasegrasp (ie. Fakegrasp) it sometimes consumes your action skill. Also sometimes you can “hit” an enemy with Phasegrasp but nothing happens and you lose your action skill. You don’t get any of the bonuses as if the action skill triggered (ASE effects, etc) and it’s almost completely random though it does seem to require enemies to be nearby at least because it can’t happen on Sanctuary.

It’s not having to do with anything about the update that “stopped” fakegrasp. That was never the case, all they did was make it so fakegrasp doesn’t proc certain effects (ASE mainly). They didn’t make it so that you are to lose PG when you miss at random. It’s basically like how PG was when the game launched before they fixed it so you wouldn’t lose it if you miss. Fakegrasp is still a thing to proc stuff like Driver and other skills/effects, just not anointments.

PS. I made a thread about it a while ago and someone replied saying the same thing happens with Flak’s Fade Away, where he does the animation like he is going invis (looks at his hand) but he doesn’t actually go invis and his action skill goes on cooldown. So I think it’s not an issue specific to Amara.

5 Likes

That explains why I haven’t encountered this, then - I haven’t played Amara since vault cards were added.

Yea it’s very frustrating because it’s completely random.

Fakegrasp is still a legit thing BTW. They never removed it just made it so you can’t proc anoints. But you can still proc Driver and skills with it, which is intended because there is absolutely no way to effectively use Driver without FG. The fact this class mod exists means FG is legit.

1 Like

Iron Cub frequently doesn’t work as well. Have to die or fast travel to get it back. In the menu it will show action skill in use but no cub. Doesn’t do the rad explosion on action skill start when this occurs as well. I think this started happening with the cross play update. Really frustrating. Issues on FL4K as well.

5 Likes

When will you fix Fl4ks purple tree?

3 Likes