As a reminder: The Moxxi’s Heist of the Handsome Jackpot will start rolling out to PC, XBox, and PlayStation today at 9am PT / 12pm ET / 5pm GMT.
Today, we will release a hotfix for Borderlands 3, which will be live on all platforms by 3:00 PM PST. This hotfix addresses various issues reported by the community as well as optimizations to matchmaking. To apply hotfixes, wait at the main menu until you see a sign appear! If you are experiencing any issues or want to provide feedback, please submit a ticket to support.2k.com.
We’ve made some changes to the backend to improve the matchmaking experience in Borderlands 3. We’ve also moved the Takedown at the Maliwan Blacksite matchmaking option in the Social panel forward. The Takedown matchmaking service now won’t transition players into the Takedown until a full party of four players have been found. We believe players would prefer matchmaking take a little longer in order to enter the Takedown with a full party. We’ll be monitoring this change and will adjust as necessary.
Decreased the shields and armor on Maliwan Deathspheres in the Takedown at the Maliwan Blacksite
The recent patch improved the navigation of the Deathspheres in the Takedown. As a result, these enemies have become much more difficult to track and hit. To balance this change, we are lowering their armor and shield values.
- Addressed a reported concern that Terror was sometimes not dropping his loot when re-running Agonizer 9000
- Addressed a reported concern where loot could sometimes fall through the floor surrounding the Agonizer 9000
- Addressed a perceived progression blocker where enemies would sometimes not spawn immediately for the objective “Kill Traitors” in the mission “Porta Prison”
- Addressed a reported concern that Zane’s “Trick of the Light” skill was sometimes reporting lower bonus damage values in its description than what it was awarding
- Addressed a reported concern that Moze’s “Desperate Measures” skill sometimes wasn’t awarding the damage bonus to Iron Bear’s Right Gun
We’re Bringing in the Mayhem with a Takedown New Year’s Event!
Start the New Year off by jumping into Takedown at the Maliwan Blacksite! From Tuesday, December 31 to Monday, January 16, you can enjoy the Takedown balanced to the number of players in your party. Matchmaking service will also be temporarily updated to prioritize getting parties into Takedown quickly instead of waiting for a full party during the event. This is a great opportunity for anyone who’s wanted to try the Takedown but was reluctant due to it being scaled to a full party of four!
Make sure to complete the discovery mission from the panel on Sanctuary III to have the best matchmaking experience!