Borderlands 3 Is Worryingly Small?

So…Borderlands 3 is pre-downloading on my PS4 as we speak and it’s just under 38 gigs.

That is…worryingly…small.

Red Dead Redemption 2, for example, was over 100 gigs!

I can’t even remember the last time a Triple A title was under 50-70 gigs.

What gives?

Advanced compression algorithms?

I know Borderlands 3 is going to be an awesome blast of loot filled insanity, but…will it be short?

Style over substance?

I have faith it will be both awesome AND long, but I’ve been let down by a loooot of new games these last few years.

What do you all think?

Thanks in advance for any input!

1 Like

It’s 75 gigs on pc which is 25-30 gigs bigger then the handsome collection. I’m thinking it’s just compressed

2 Likes

Here’s hoping!

Thanks!

1 Like

Game size doesnt really accurately portray much in the way of how large the game itself is.

4 Likes

Every streamer who played the entirety of the game said it’s bigger than BL2,
just for comparison. Alot of people who had early access seem very satisfied.

I’ve seen alot of gameplay & talked to some people who had access and I’m not worried at all.

3 Likes

Also borderlands graphics reduce size by quite a bit, hence why its requirements are pretty lenient

2 Likes

People have played the entire game already?

How is that possible?

(I don’t really follow streamers at all)

1 Like

Early access & review copies of the game.

2 Likes

But surely they haven’t been allowed to talk much about it?

1 Like

Exactly, but some generalized infos are useful anyways, like size and feeling of the entire game.
I kinda trust joltz & lazydata when they show a very optimistic picture, don’t think they would sugarcoat anything tbh.

2 Likes

NDA went down like a day or two ago, bahroo been streaming the full game on twitch.

2 Likes

No, there’s still an embargo ~ lvl 22 and content after that as far as I know.

2 Likes

I’ll take your word for it

2 Likes

Watched Lazys stream and he wasn’t allowed after a certain point in the story, so he gathered red chests for us instead.

2 Likes

@schmu666

Bahroo - i swear I know that name from back in my heavy Demon’s Souls PVP days on PS3.

1 Like

Quick comparison in terms of scope, even though it is absolutely not indicative: Borderlands 3 has roughly 5 times the amount of Boss fights Borderlands 2 had. That doesn’t say much about the size, but it does say more than the file size.

2 Likes

Some peeps say 40ish hours and that doesn’t include TVHM… sure some of you veterans do it faster tho.

2 Likes

Thanks, guys!

I’m no longer worried!

2 Likes

mine is 38gb with another 18 or so gb.

1 Like

The actual download I got with the super deluxe edition on EGS came out to just under 56GB as a download. Remember the storage requirements doesn’t indicate the actual space the game will occupy after install. Its also accounting for the room it needs for unpacking during install and updates and at times caching during play.

Also keep in mind file size does not equal game size in regards to content. The folder size for FF14 is just under 50GB after the main game and 3 paid expansions.

2 Likes