Borderlands 3 Mac support?

Will Borderlands 3 get Mac support from launch?

1 Like

Pre-Orders say for PS4, XB1, and PC so i’m inclined to say no on Mac because items released on Mac will normally say Mac on the platform list.

Based on previous history with most titles in general Mac usually gets a port much later after the initial launch of a title ranging anywhere from a few months to a few years. Or you can install windows on your mac hardware and run it from there.

I too would like to know if it will have a Mac version. I would also prefer someone that actually “knows” the answer to reply on this. Appreciate your insight Ukyo… but that’s insight we already figured out ourselves. This answer isn’t something the player base can answer unless they have insider information.

1 Like

I tried to run some Borderlands 2 on my Mac yesterday, settings where on the lowest of lowest and it still ran like ■■■■.

Best bet is to invest $130 into Google’s Stadia and just let Google do all the serverside rendering. No expensive Mac hardware needed.

I don’t experience that. I regularly play BL2 on Steam on this (right here) 7 year old laptop and it works like a champ.
I play on XBO and PS4 at home, so I’d certainly notice a difference. Steam tells me I’ve logged 1,088 hours in BL2 on this machine, and it’s fine with me.
Sometimes the fans will spin up to cool the thing off a bit, but doesn’t affect gameplay.
What machine are you using?
–RoA

3 Likes

Did this ever get a definitive answer? I’ve been searching for a while now and haven’t been able to find anyone who knew for sure.

I haven’t seen anything official at all, only speculation.