Borderlands 3 Mayhem 2.0 Explained

I get it and I agree to a point…

My only thing is, if I was a developer and I had a reason I wasn’t releasing info, valid or not, the more anyone pushed me for an answer I wasn’t rdy to give the less I would be willing to open up later.

I think it hurts the communication more when the same question is asked day after day every day.

I already think Gearbox is a horrible company that cares absolutely ZERO for its playerbase and nothing will change that in the near future.

I’d think IB and the clone are more than companions since they’re the action skills of the characters. If they are weak then the action skill is useless (esp. for Moze b/c Zane can still use the barrier/SNTL) The pets are additions to FL4Ks action skill but you can play as FL4K without the pets.

I’m just annoyed that again they are making legendary items available only for people who can complete higher levels. I’d prefer they ditch the whole mayhem thing and focus on DLC that is actually worth playing (the last one was some of the worst DLC content I’ve played in any game).

Yeah gating gear behind higher M levels is a pretty lousy thing to do and is just another thing showing gearbox only cares about a small percent of their players.

And I wholeheartedly agree with DLC2 was one of the worst DLC’s I have every played. The only reason I play it now is to farm for some gear but otherwise I will never play through it again with any of my VH’s.

1 Like

That’s… literally how every single FPS games since the dawn of time handles difficulty settings. Tougher enemies with more life that do more damage.

In borderlands it’s even more needed because our builds are not static so we need enemies to scale with us too.

Why are you confused or acting like I just said something profoundly earth shattering that upends life as we know it for the worse ?

Edit : also calling enemies becoming “bullet sponges” is disingenuous. Sure, when M4 came out they were bullet sponges, but now 7 skill points and countless buffs later , can you honestly say they still are ? Hence the whole "intelligently " preface

3 Likes

Small percentage of players?

They have metrics on what people are playing. Part of the reason they increased bank space is because they could literally see the volume of people leveling characters just to reach sanctuary to make mules.

If they’re adding high-difficulty content to the endgame like this, it’s only because the numbers show people will play it.

1 Like

Not that I don’t understand to an extent, but the reason they keep getting asked this question is because it’s been an issue since the game’s release.

THE most replied to thread in the FL4K forums is Fl4k is Not a Beastmaster. The community has been complaining about the weakness of FL4K’s pets for 6 months. Our class mods have been bugged for 6 months, we’ve only been dealing 33% of our max damage because cryo doesn’t work for 6 months, this has been the worst implemented aspect of any of the characters for 6 months because the pets (even with all of the damage bonuses in the skill tree) have never been usable as a damage source at the highest current difficulty.

Squeaky wheels don’t squeak once they get grease. If the issue was resolved then there would be no need to continue bringing this up. There are only so many of us even bothering to push for this at this point since most of the people who wanted to play a beastmaster gave up a long time ago. It can’t be that tough to just give us a yes or no answer already.

6 Likes

The metrics only show for online players…there are a TON of offline players also, but I understand the metrics show a lot, but the metrics don’t show if people LIKE the mayhem modifiers, they only show that people are playing them.

When something is your only option of course you will play it.

So the metric shows everyone is playing M3 or M4 because everything else is too easy, but when was the last time they actually ASKED you if you liked the mayhem system?

2 Likes

that would make all golden keys redundant for the future of bl3

Their metrics should have also showed them that the general player didn’t like Dominance, yet it found it’s way onto a class mod…
I’m not too sure why they favor making some changes based on metrics over others, but let’s just say that I doubt their use of metrics will actually lead to a more fun game as it stands currently.

4 Likes

I’m curious what’s a near equivalent of CURRENT MAYHEM 4 to the Mayhem 2.0? Probably Mayhem 2.0 level 5.

wrote this

Also do we assume a level 57 Mayhem 2.0 at Mayhem 1 Cutsman is far weaker versus a level 57 Mayhem 2.0 at Mayhem 10 white gun?

I agree people will play it–I’m not in favor of it but will still play it b/c I like to try and collect the best version of each legendary. I just don’t like making certain items only available at certain levels and as someone who bought the season pass I feel ripped off b/c the quality of the DLC is so poor and feel as if they are spending their time on these interim events/mayhem 2.0 and not the things some of us already paid for.

2 Likes

So there’s gonna be Mayhem 10 CLASS MODS?

So far only weapons.

1 Like

i think, there arent enough class mods or relics to lock them behind mayhem levels

1 Like

It’s really weird that they don’t lock higher Mayhem Levels behind some trial or something. I mean I nearly died irl while blasting through 10 OP levels in BL2, but… There are so many Mayhem Level that will never or rarely ever be played, because they presumably will be skipped. Being by exploiting cheeky methods or just because the scaling is too flat.

2 Likes

also presuming that some people will stick with MH8 just because it has less modifiers? like, nope?
everyone wants the whole cake, everyone wants to play on the top
noone will ever care for MH 1-9 again, after getting mayhem 10 gear

1 Like

My Zane is ready to farm guns for my Moze :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Fl4k isn’t assault man, u know, he like(basically)a sniper or scout, high DPS on NPC and get them killed by his pet. u played the wrong style of this VH.