Borderlands 3 Missing bank item bug whats happening and how to avoid it. Four bugs co ops, onlines, saves and Bank Upgrade

I play split screen with my main and have a second character that I play on for combo co-op and the combo wasnt to sanctuary yet and I have my bank upgrade to 25 spaces and had it full hoping to get the stuff out of it that the second character could use but all my stuff was gone including my 2 legendaries: The Projectile Recursion and The borderlands.com special Vault hero.

Just happened to me. Played solo all week … like 15 hours a day farming and had 50 legendaries (almost all anointed) farmed up to carry all my characters through any build I could dream of. I started a new character and did co-op for first time. Get to sanctuary , check my bank… and poof. all gone.

Still not fixed despite the claims of a hotfix. Plus my SDU’s have been lowered.

Was completing “opposition research” during the clear enemies phase when my Internet was interrupted. Last mob was an Annointed fanatic or some such. The annointed fanatic was nowhere to be found after I reconnected to the Internet mid-completion. The annointed fanatic made sounds yet was not on screen.

Quit to menu.
Play.
Continue.

Finished clearning the enemies.

Went to Sanctuary.

No bank items whatsoever. And now just noticed SDU’s are affected also.

I’ve had nothing but issues with “Epic -FAIL - game store” and save games. I’m putting off buying Outer Worlds - despite REALLY wanting to play that game SOLELY because of my experience with EPIC FAIL GAME STORE.

I’ll be putting off all DLC’s and Season Pass until Borderlands 3 hit STEAM. And OUTER WORLDS also.

Gods forbid EPIC FAIL Game “Store” screws" up 2077, which I’m also considering putting off until it hits STEAM.

EDIT: Epic “game store” has a bad reputation for a reason. Go on Reddit and you will see gamers actively debating whether or not to buy 2077 because it is an exclusive.

I decided to take a chance on Epic and bought Borderlands 3. Never again will I buy from Epic. I learned my lesson.

Epic’s “response” to the bank issue is to ask for a complete list of bank items. I suggest they play over 60 hours and load up their bank with 40-50 items and wait a few hours and then list all their items without looking at their bank. Their “tech support” will FAIL at that.

I’ve had a few corrupted saves before. Some in the 1990’s and maybe a handful with Skyrim (load up over 200 mods and see what happens :slight_smile: . The issue of saves and bank items and such is a new one for me.

Had this happen to me as well. Never played any multiplayer. I did upgrade the bank sdu but I am not sure if this happen before or after that. Contacted the support but so far that’s been… not helpful.

They asked for:

• SHiFT ID:
  • SHiFT E-mail Address:
  • Detailed list of the items that you’re missing:
  • Video/Screenshot showing you accessing your bank:

The SHiFT was already in the actual ticket. I responded with the SHiFT information once again and explained I had no detailed list of the missing items (I mean who does? It’s not very resonable for me to keep a detailed spread sheet of my in-games items, is it?) I also told them I have no screens of the bank either unless they wanted one of it’s now current empty state. 14 hours later I got a follow-up email with them wanting me to provide:

• Detailed list of the items that you’re missing:
  • Video/Screenshot showing you accessing your bank:

I don’t know if I should laugh or cry :cry:

2 Likes

Yeah i finally just got asked for id and email as well.
To which i said you have my email but here it is anyway not sure they can see the id so i did provide that as id is not the username.

So it’s now been ten days since i posted this and to this date i have not had this issue reoccur.

So I am going to tell you what i do step by step and if you do not believe me feel free to watch any of my 6 past twitch video streams where i usually check my bank during the play and i play darn near with a buddy in split screen each time and i have two at home to play with, but there is also single player play to without issue. Sorry but never online yet so can’t be sure if that would not be resolved by my methods.

Also I am disclaimering the data below if you follow these steps and something goes wrong this is not my fault I am merely providing you the data of how i seem to have avoided this for a month since discovered. Your issue or game play may vary and be another way this bug is happening.

So first to avoid the save issue with “split screen second player”

1. Bottom screen quits first every time
    a. So Click options, this will load the screen that says, “resume, social, options, trophies, quit game”, then click quit game, then click Quit Game are you sure screen loads I say yes (I DO NOT choose Quit to Main Menu as this will likely cause the bug not saving player one properly.)
  2. Main player top screen now quits which will go Full Screen
    a. So Click options, this will load the screen that says, “resume, social, options, trophies, quit game”, then click quit game, the Quit Game are you sure screen loads I say yes.
    b. This takes you back to Character selection Play, Social, Options, PlayStation Store
  3. Now to end the game.
    a. On the main screen with Play, Social, Options, PlayStation Store
    b.Click the back button on the controller (wait for the next screen to fully load)
    c. This will load Quit to Title Screen
    d. Click the option yes
    e. This then loads backwards one screen (Wait for it to fully load)
    f. At that point I then hold the ps4 button and choose power off ps4.

To avoid single player save issues i am doing this. Same as i do in split screen.

1. So Click options, this will load the screen that says, “resume, social, options, trophies, quit game”, then click quit game, the Quit Game are you sure screen loads I say yes.
    This takes you back to Character selection Play, Social, Options, PlayStation Store
  2. Main player top screen now quits which will go Full Screen
    a. So Click options, this will load the screen that says, “resume, social, options, trophies, quit game”, then click quit game, the Quit Game are you sure screen loads I say yes.
    b. This takes you back to Character selection Play, Social, Options, PlayStation Store
  3. Now to end the game.
    a. On the main screen with Play, Social, Options, PlayStation Store
    b.Click the back button on the controller (wait for the next screen to fully load)
    c. This will load Quit to Title Screen
    d. Click the option yes
    e. This then loads backwards one screen (Wait for it to fully load)
    f. At that point I then hold the ps4 button and choose power off ps4.

To note i have not upgraded my bank since day one so i avoid that bug but if i ever do i will clear my bank first then upgrade the sdu.

I had the same bug happen playing split screen. Lost 45 level 50 legendaries… would have lost a full bank but did take some gear out for an alt.

I do not have a detailed list of everything I bank but did have two items I need for a moze build and named those… Ive been offered golden keys. Dont know how many but itll certainly be an insult and likely result in nothing I need, let alone 45 lvl 50 legendaries .

Piss poor support. Just dont use the bank at all until its confirmed patched in the future… or screenshot every damn thing in it.

1 Like

This is not the situation I’ve seen. I am always the host and I always play with a friend. However, I’m the only one who has had his vault items disappear 3 times. We’ve exited game numerous times without him leaving prior and he has never lost a vault item. So this doesn’t seem to be a happening in our sessions.

1 Like

This is the message I sent gearbox this morning. This is the third time I have lost everything from my bank on sanctuary. First time I lost about 15 items I was saving for when my fiance and I played together. Second time I lost 50 legendaries that were very hard to get. This morning I placed about 25 legendaries and mods in my bank with the other 15 that I already had in there so I could try to get some other loot back. Last night I even copied the save file to USB just in case. When I rolled back to the save from last night, I got the items back from this morning, but the other stuff that was in the bank when I saved it is still gone. The first time I had just maxed out my bank sdu, second time I only bought ammo sdu’s and this time I didn’t get any sdu’s. Every time it happened I was playing solo. Borderlands has been my favorite game series since the first one, I pre-ordered bl3 for $100 and have played it since the second it went online. Now that I’ve lost loot that I spent days, (not hours) days trying to get I don’t think I can play anymore. You have been so concerned with scaling back the amount of loot we can get but you don’t fix the issue that makes us lose all the loot we get in the first place.

Yeah sorry to hear that there totally seems to be some other way this happening that has really yet to be nailed down and likely never will unless folks really watch what they do and monitor how it happens. But the dual player thing can be replicated and the sdu thing to so there are two ways you can see it happen and make it happen after that anything else needs data and steps and thoughts to work out.

1 Like

Wow! Logged out yesterday with a full bank of 50 legendary’s, logged on today to an empty bank. 100+ hours of wasted time.

2 Likes

I too have lost all my loot today. Been playing all day solo, completed the mission on skywell 27 on tvhm and went to sanctuary and went to bank and 50/50 were all gone!!! Now have 0/50. I cant remember what I had cause I switched out so many times but I can say this…they were All lengendary gold weapons and I’m pissed. So many hrs of grinding for what!!! Game was fun till this ■■■■■■■■. And no I cant prove what I had nor should I.

People claiming it only happens on co-op when quitting are wrong, I have only ever played solo and went from having a bank of 40 items (90% legendary and some red names and pre order bonuses) to having a bank of 0 :frowning: I was saving a lot to test on other builds and spent about 60 hours collecting nice items for nothing. :confused:

1 Like

Just happened to me too.
This just sucks I don’t feel like i wanna play it anymore.
So much time farming wasted

This happened to my husband yesterday. Their response was basically he is SOL in getting his stuff back. And who keeps detailed lists of inventory and screenshots? Your vault changes daily from adding or taking stuff out. I made my alts as mules and picking up everything I am keeping and not putting another thing in that vault till this issue is fixed. Will be going back to Destiny with the launch of shadowkeep tonight till gearbox gets their you know what together. There is no point in keeping on playing this game if I can’t store my loot without fear if losing it all, especially with loot drops nerfed into the ground.

Second time in 4 days, that time with screenshot like fa psycho ! Nothing from gearbox for another time would be pretty rough, must be like 50 leg in total…
Just after a patch 1 hour ago for me

So 2k/gearbox does not care about thier player base what so ever.

Thank you for reaching out to us at 2K Support!

We’re no longer able to assist with these requests. I know that it’s inconvenient, but in this case, you’ll have to reach out to Sony-America Customer Support for assistance.

This has happened to me twice. One a week ago and today. First ticket not resolved and still open. Now I have added this one as well. With a little side note that at this time it is really hard to continue playing this game. Or recommending it to others. They are spending more time trying to nerf bosses and beef characters than worrying about anything else. I have been on solo mode both times my bank has disappeared so it isn’t only a coop problem. Itemized list. That’s a joke. It’s sad that you have to screen shot your bank every time you put something in it because it might all disappear the next second. This is beyond broken and no word of them working on this makes it difficult to continue. Stop worrying about all the little stuff and fix the on thing that is game breaking and player damaging!!!

New way to clear your bank found in single player online play.