Probably all of us know about the changes in Borderlands 3 but I wanted to start this thread to summarize all the Features that enhance the gameplay. I mean, Borderlands 3 has a lot of “More of this, more of that” like Weapons or Locations, which is great, but here’s a list of the new gameplay relevant features. What features do you like (or dislike)? Or did I miss something? Write a comment
- Select between 3 different action skills. (Zane can equip 2 at the same time)
- Action Skills can be enhanced with Augments
- Climb up ledges
- Slide on the floor
- The PreSequel’s Ground Pound is back
- Guns can select between different Firing Modes
- The Slag Element is replaced with Radiation. Whoever is suffering of that status effect takes damage over time and explodes on death. Who gets hit by that explosion has a chance to get infected.
- The PreSequel’s Cryo is back
- Hit Markers
- Sensible interactive things, for example spilled oil catches fire when shot
- Barrels can be tossed onto the battlefield by punching them
- Cover is destructable
- Are now customizable
- Enemy Vehicles can be hijacked and uploaded into the Catch-a-Ride System. All parts of that Vehicle are then available for custom rides.
- Friendly NPCs can be revived and they can revive you
- Colors up grayed areas when visited (also in Echo)
- Is now 3D, which makes it easier to navigate on multiple floors
- Features mobile fast travel gadget
- Zone Progress Indicator
- At Ammo Vendors you can one click fill up your ammo
- Lost Loot Machine on the Sanctuary III. Never loose awesome stuff again
- Show proper units beside their metrics, for example “12/s” (12 bullets per second) on firerate.
- New “Item Score”, which is an average metric indicator. Good for new Players.
- New but optional Loot Instancing System. When enebled, every Vault Hunter has their own, scaled loot.
- Ammo found inside Chests are picked up automatically, only what is now full already